Travel I'm going to mexico!!!

do NOT drink the water. PERIOD. Also...when brushing your teeth...use bottled water.

totally serious here.

Leave anything nice at home....and I suggest just a normal tote from Target or something.

I still wouldn't trust the water. The last time we went to Acapulco (and stayed in one of if not the nicest hotels there) I was sick for 3 darn days. Stick to the bottled water for everything.

Bags? Like was said before, a nice sized tote. A cheap one too.

we're staying in puerto vallarta.. i need something to throw the essentials into while i'm lounging on the beach/by the pool... and maybe something to carry for dinners?

any suggestions for a cute and cheap (read: disposable) tote?

and is the water that bad??? i keep hearing horror stories- what do the locals drink???

the locals' digestive tracts are accustomed to the bacteria that makes you sick. its not necessarily that the water is bad, its just ur body wont be used to it. but like i said, when ur down there ull see a lot of places physically have their own water tower. ive never heard of anyone that got sick from a hotel when they had their own water supply like that. however, another thing u should make sure to keep in mind is ice! if its made from mexican water, youll get sick. other than that, dont worry and have a great time!

we're staying in puerto vallarta.. i need something to throw the essentials into while i'm lounging on the beach/by the pool... and maybe something to carry for dinners?

any suggestions for a cute and cheap (read: disposable) tote?

and is the water that bad??? i keep hearing horror stories- what do the locals drink???

why don't you stop by Target and pick a tote out?

thanks for your suggestions!

there aren't any target stores around here- i'm in canada- but i will definitely be on the lookout for a cute tote :smile:

sorry, one more question... should i avoid blended drinks? like margaritas, daquiris...