I'm going Chanel crazy! tomorrow is the day

GST, Expandable, or Cabas since you want casual and big. These 3 are what i call classic/edgey, and not trendy. Also Cotton Club tote is fabulous and will not be designated a fad any time soon or ever!

but for our frequent and often unpredictable rain (although not lately lol) (i am in Boca) get caviar leather...........much more durable
Re; the above 3, GST and Cabas come in caviar, Expandable is calfskin i think...........very durable but i don't know about raindrops on it............

let us know what you get!! welcome to the world of major obsession LOL

how about a diamond stitch tote.. they are big and spacious....and the leather is durable.. the 06 line retails for like 1625 for the smaller version
that or the medallion tote-

hmm i think the diamond stitch tote, the cotton club tote, or an expandable flap would be perfect for you! not too "formal" looking, they fit quite a bit, and are all fairly fuss-free leathers! good luck in the store, and remember to post pics of your purchases (if u end up finding something that's perfect for u!!!) :biggrin:

MEDALLION TOTE! If you are gonna use it every day the caviar leather will be vey durable and the zippered top means it is eay to get in and out of as opposed to a flap. Also, I find that medallion will be more comfortable then chain straps.

So I spent an hour or so at the Chanel Boutique in my N.M. The manager of the dept. was very helpful. I looked at everything and priced everything - Lo and behold she had a small silver Cabas (they don't use "baby" when describing the smaller one) that had been on hold that was expiring right there and then. I tried it on and decided the size was really good, not too big BUT certainly big enough! I didn't like the color, too drab and the texture of the leather was rather rough - so Monica (the mgr.) called all over and found me a black one!!! I couldn't believe it because I thought you couldn't buy them in the boutiques anymore - and it truly is a bag I just have to have - so it should be in on Wednesday and my dream will come true - also, she had a waiting list for the giant vinyl cabas (which I covet also) the list was large (about 25 names) but she said they were definitly going to get them at some point - I put my name down - I am in Cabas heaven right now!! I will post photos- does anyone out there have the smaller cabas and enjoying it? I'm told the leather is softer than the silver one. !! What a day! I am still having a major rush!!!

wow, lucky you, i was in the chanel boutique in soho NYC yesterday and they were saying they had 30 names on the waitlist for the black baby cabas. how did the manager find you one?? it's fate!

wow, lucky you, i was in the chanel boutique in soho NYC yesterday and they were saying they had 30 names on the waitlist for the black baby cabas. how did the manager find you one?? it's fate!
From what I gathered, she called another location that she seemed to know "had a few" She asked them to send one to her store in Coral Gables, FL and said I would have to pay for it before they would send it - so that was fine with me - As I said, I was shocked that she could get it - I was meant to have that bag!!!!!!

I am going to go with the GST. It matches your description perfectly; however, a lot of Pfers have said that the bag was too boxy and heavy, which is actually why I ended up returning mine. If you don't mind a smaller size, i'd pick the black caviar classic flap (medium size)

Can't wait for pics of what youu picked! :biggrin: