I'm getting really annoyed with my secret pocket!

circoit

Aug 14, 2006
Its a nice idea, but it desperately needs a piece of velcro or a magnet or snap or something becauseit just hangs open when I put anything in there and then, when I am not paying attention and just throwing items into my bag, stuff gets into the secret pocket and I either can't find it or it makes it hang open even more and it starts to occupy nearly the entire inside of my bag.

Once, I threw a water bottle into my bag and when it came time to get it out, I couldn't find it anywhere. I was really confused because I could have sworn I put it in there. Anyway, when I got home and went through my bag, lo and behold - I find the entire water bottle tucked away in my secret pocket.

Its a nice idea, but it desperately needs a piece of velcro or a magnet or snap or something becauseit just hangs open when I put anything in there and then, when I am not paying attention and just throwing items into my bag, stuff gets into the secret pocket and I either can't find it or it makes it hang open even more and it starts to occupy nearly the entire inside of my bag.

Once, I threw a water bottle into my bag and when it came time to get it out, I couldn't find it anywhere. I was really confused because I could have sworn I put it in there. Anyway, when I got home and went through my bag, lo and behold - I find the entire water bottle tucked away in my secret pocket.

I'm in the same boat! I just bought a strip of velcro tape and taped a piece on to the back, just exactly above where the current piece sits. It now stays nice and securely closed when I have paper inside.

Ideally, i'd like the pocket to be maybe half an inch longer at the top to better accomdate papers, but this was a quick and easy fix.

For some reason, your post made me laugh out loud for real. I sympathize with you about the secret pocket, but the way you told the story made me chuckle. Sounds like BE needs a velcro or buttons or something to keep it discrete and not become the main compartment. hehe. :heart::heart:

Thank you for posting this -- I was unsure as to whether or not to choose the secret pocket or the removable divider for the pewter LM -- You now made my mind up; I will go with the removable divider.

maybe you could get a magnetic closure and have it sewn in? That way it would easily separate and open and it would snap shut...

Glad you mentioned this! I ordered my aubergine LM with a secret compartment and just emailed Maya to see if some Velcro closures could be added for a little more security.

I must admit that I giggled a bit when I pictured your water bottle in hiding in your bag! It must REALLY be a secret compartment to hide things that well!

Velcro "anything" cheapens the bag IMHO.

I've yet to see Hermes, Gucci, LV, BV....etc....using "velcro" to fasten their tabs.

Not for me anyways.

I admit to dithering before sticking the velcro.

But then I figured the bag wasn't going anywhere so I needn't worry about what a buyer would think, and the existence of the velcro was going to be a secret just between my BE and me...

EDIT: I think the material is too thin for a magnetic snap.

I would prefer a snap but am concerned that it'd be harder to open then because you'd have to fumble with the snap. I was thinking of my AP and the little bit of velcro used to close the pockets inside of it. I wouldn't want it across the entire length of the pocket, just one or two small sewn on patches to secure it a bit. I wouldn't want it to be unsightly but discreet so only I knew it was there and not for the entire world to see! KWIM?

So far so good my secret pocket and I are getting along. Thank God, I have yet to lose something. Good luck Circoit finding a solution that works for you!

I absolutely love this pocket though it didn't take a week and I was annoyed with my secret pocket staying open. It's great for a diaper that you don't want sitting in the bottom of your bag or sometimes I put certain papers in there that I hate having to rummage through when I'm trying to get my wallet, etc. But, there was no way I could keep using my bag with the pocket open and then some items hanging out...... neurotic like that, and I hate it...so I had no choice, but to try the velcro.

2 little small strips of velcro hot-glued did the trick, easy enough that you can still just slip your hands in and grab what you need quickly, but snug enough to keep the flap secured.

But, I would definitely recommend this pocket. I don't care for dividers in a bag.

3188256200_32ba0bd396.jpg

3188255892_ccdbf58eae.jpg

Last edited: