Please excuse the rant and the long post..but I need to get this out..and see if I'm feeling the way I should be feeling..or if I'm being stupid? Brief history: I have a bit of money that comes in monthly due to some oil wells placed on land my brother and I inherited from my great uncle(on my deceased fathers side). Its an ok amount...not alot..but pretty fair. I stick this money into a special account to use for emergency's for the family(my Mom was NOT included in this inheritence..I want to share it with her when needed). OK..onto today's events. My mom lives 600+ miles from me. My bother lives only a few miles from her. She had hired out to have her house painted. She was given a verbal quote..but when it came time to do the job..their quote was 650.00 more than originally stated. She called asking my opinion. I said tell them to forget it..poor ethics..no written estimate etc. My husband and I offered then to come and paint it for her sometime this summer. It was decided..that is what we would do. My brother declined to help.."he's too busy". I get an urgent message on my cell phone from my brother this morning telling me I needed to call him back right away(he by the way is VERY TIGHT with his money..and alway's veto's anything in the past I've suggested we purchase for our mom). So...I call his cell phone and get his wife. I ask her..what the emergency is..and she seemed shocked. The only thing she could think of was that my Mom's house is being painted Thursday..and he wanted to let me know what the my portion of the bill was going to be. WTF?? He called the jokers back and told them..go ahead..paint the house..knowing full well of my offer to drive 600miles to do it for free..and then had the gall to say.."My sister and I will pay for it"... I just got off the phone with my Mom. She shares the same story. "Your brother has offered to pay for it..but you don't have to if you don't want to"...oh yea..right..like I'm going to say NO? especially NOW? I'm just pissed. Its not the money...its probably cheaper to pay the price than to take the time off of work, drive out there and paint the friggin house in the dry hot sun..Its the principal of the fact. I feel he should have consulted with me before committing me. Its called respect! Am I being valid in my feelings...?? THOUGHTS?