I'm dumb, please advise!

Jun 16, 2006
I'm selling a bag and had a best offer option on it. This morning and without looking where the buyer was from, I accepted a best offer from S.Korea. A couple of days ago, she had asked if I would ship to S.Korea and I said no. I still have the emails. I should have never pressed the accept button without looking to see where the buyer was from! I didn't send an invoice, she didn't pay and I emailed her telling her not to buy the bag as I don't ship out of the States. She only has 3 feedbacks, but they are positive.

What can/should I do?

I had very very good experiences with Korean girls in the past. I know you can not base your decision on this but I had NO trouble at all with 3 different buyers with low feedback from there. They paid me fast and were very nice.

I would give a try.

I would ship EMS though. If you did not charge her enough, contact her and ask for more $.

She does have had good feedback. Can you tell me more about EMS and how much I should charge? I'll check and see if her paypal is confirmed...or I will ask. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
EMS is expensive (fastest way to ship) but you are 100% covered if something happens. Korea accept EMS so this is a good start.

If its around a 16X14X5 inches and 3 pounds package, I think it would be around 60$ - 70$ (50$ for a smaller package). But you receive tracking number, all shipping details, insurance, signature and delivery in 3-4 days in her country. USPS offers EMS (Canada Post does).

I am 99% sure that she would pay extra $ for shipping. Like I said, I really like to sell in Asia because I never had any problem with Asian girls...

Unfortunately, my 6 Non-Paying Bidders in the past months were in America...

Maybe you can ask her 70$ and tell her you will pay her back the difference as soon as you ship (if there is difference).

As far as I am concerned, I prefer to pay more shipping and receive my purchases faster. I don't like Priority because it takes 10 working days from US to Canada.

I also never had a problem with overseas buyers. They understand that shipping is extra too.
I always send them a copy of the postal receipt too - so that they know that I didn't overcharge them.
You can also do a calculated shipping at the USPS.com website. So you can have an idea of how much it will cost to ship it there.
However I would highly recommend shipping it via USPS EMS (Express Mail) as it has a tracking number and is insured up to $100.00 (you can purchase additional insurance if needed). With my experience, it usually takes 3-5 days to reach Asia.

Good luck with your decision - as it may open up your sales by reaching international buyers.

I think if you accepted her offer, then you are obligated at that point to follow through with the transaction. You had the choice when she made the offer, to research her background, etc. and you didn't. For whatever reason, I realize that sometimes we get caught up in the excitement of actually receiving a decent offer—especially in today's economy—but it is still your responsibility to follow through with the transaction at this point.

I agree with the above and just make sure that when ship it, it's insured and there is definitely a delivery/signature confirmation. This protects both of you.