I'm devastated!!my love one is gone!

I am so so sorry for your loss. Our pets are never with us long enough. But you made the right decision for him. Please hang in there and take care of yourself.

Bhurry, I'm so very sorry for you. Your story brought be to tears, because it was just a few months ago dh and I had to make the same decision. It's so difficult to get past the desire to keep your friend alive and with you, but you did it and it sounds like you did the right thing at the right time.
Some things I did after ours died was to write out all the best memories I had of him. I was so afraid that in the years to come I'd forget the small details, and I never ever want to. DH also wrote a little note about him on our blog and the response from all our friends was so touching.

I am so sorry for your loss!

Four years ago, my cat got hit by a car and I had to make the decision to put him to sleep. He was in so much pain, and he wasn't the Lucky I remembered. It killed me to do it but I knew it was the right thing for him.

You shouldn't feel guilty because you did the right thing for your cat.

I'll tell Lucky to look for your cat and they can play together.

bhurry - My heart goes out to you in this time of pain. We also had a cat who suffered a stroke. It was back in 1993, but it seems like yesterday. Our animals are never with us long enough. Take care.

I'm so very sorry that you lost your your kitty. It is heartbreaking but you did the right thing. I lost my cat Rudy about a year and a half ago. He suddenly developed feline asthma at the age of 10. we thought it was under control but he had a bad attack and even though the vet is literally 2-3 minutes away, it was too late. It's devastating. I cried for 2 weeks. It was 3 months before I could even look at his pictures again. I still cry sometimes, and I still think I hear his meow at times or catch of glimpse of him lying in his favorite spot, but it does get better as time passes.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.:heart:

omg, I'm the same way now. My husband put pictures of my cat (Muning) in our room, but I had to put it away at this time, I'm not ready, coz everytime I see it I breakdown. I told my husband that I still hear his meow every now and then and I hear his bell whenever he walks (he has this bell that I put on his collar). This might sound really crazy, but I go to his favorite room in the house to see if he's there. This forum really helps me with what I'm going through right now. Sometimes when I'm driving somewhere, I just start balling ( I know crazy huh) I never thought it would be this hard.

I'm so very sorry that you lost your your kitty. It is heartbreaking but you did the right thing. I lost my cat Rudy about a year and a half ago. He suddenly developed feline asthma at the age of 10. we thought it was under control but he had a bad attack and even though the vet is literally 2-3 minutes away, it was too late. It's devastating. I cried for 2 weeks. It was 3 months before I could even look at his pictures again. I still cry sometimes, and I still think I hear his meow at times or catch of glimpse of him lying in his favorite spot, but it does get better as time passes.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.:heart:

So sorry about your kitty, you were compassionate to him and helped him as I am sure he helped you often during his life with you..of course it takes Time to recollect him without tears for Pain is only a thought away..so give yourself time, take extra Vit. C for grief leaves us open to infections... give yourself room and time to grieve and I suspect that he will send a new wee one across your path who needs your help and love..so watch out for an orphan with a LOUD voice..

I'm so sorry for your loss. We had to put our 14 year old cat to sleep today, and it was such a tough decision. He had had a growth on the outside of his larynx and it was making it hard for him to eat or even swallow . . he was also having difficulty controlling his back legs when he would jump down from his chair to go to his food bowl. Although I know it was the right decision, it was such a hard thing to do. But in the end we don't want our pets to be in pain . . . (((hugs))) to you.