I'm craving for... med Mitzy hobo and messenger...

Lillemy_74

O.G.
Mar 5, 2009
...but do I need one??? It would be my safe oak for rainy days bag too, since I still struggle with taking out oak bags if it threatens to rain...

I think my cravings escalated after trying a gorgeous medium Mitzy hobo on yesterday (perfect graining and shade), when also trying on the gingerbread Hayden hobo and tote (loved especially the tote). The strap and length on the Mitzy strap suits me far better than the broader and longer on Hayden.. loved the look of medium Mitzy, and I've been liking the messenger for a while. The only messenger I truly feel comfortable with.. yet.. due to it's round shape I think. Not really thinking of my OS Alexa as a messenger..

Yesterday the SA told me they will not continue with the med Mitzy - not sure about the messenger, didn't ask specifically about that, but in the AW 2010 collection there is a slightly wider Mitzy (compared to the messenger and med hobo) with both shoulder strap and long strap (however prob shorter than messenger strap...) would be perfect withe the two straps as I really want both.., but not sure if I liked the wider look of the bag in the pic. They always look better irl though and the SA said it was gorgeous..

My need for a messenger is especially when travelling and being afraid of taking an oak darwin or NVT bag with me and wanting to be handsfree of course. And will also be very handy when walking my dog around in the city parks etc and want to be a little chic;) My alternative is to buy an reg Alexa later on (next autumn or so). I love the Alexa and the buffalo leather is also good in the rain..

Will Alexa serve the same purpose as Mitzy? Which would you recommend? Come on all your Mitzy and Alexa lovers, give me your opinions! (I'm going to a store now in my lunch break to hopefully try one or both bags on...)

Sorry for the long post..

Lillemy,

I don't have Alexa yet, but waiting on the reg black lamb at the moment. I think I would use Mitzy messenger for those days where I have to carry more, as it fits more than the reg Alexa. Also, if I have the kids with me and need to get into and out of the bag quickly, I probably wouldn't bring Alexa - I'd be too afraid to damage her. She will be enjoyed with no children around...lol

As you have OS Alexa I think the Mitzy would fulfil the gap for a more casual bag, which gives you easy access.

Hey Lillemy how are you getting on with your OS OL Alexa? I have one coming any time now - wish the UPS man would hurry up.

I much prefer the Alexa to the Mitzy but that is just MO. I bought a Mitzy messenger last year but didn't get on well with it, just too shapeless for me however the girls here who have them love them so like I say, its only MO.

I love the Alexa as it can be handheld when my shoulder starts to ache and it's a great bag to alternate between messenger and handheld. It looks both smart and casual and depending on your needs you can either have the regular or the OS.

I am warming to the mitzy hobo however and its quite a good idea to buy bother messenger and hobo and alternate the straps for 4 different bags.

Not sure I'm helping - good luck with your decision.

Lillemy,

I don't have Alexa yet, but waiting on the reg black lamb at the moment. I think I would use Mitzy messenger for those days where I have to carry more, as it fits more than the reg Alexa. Also, if I have the kids with me and need to get into and out of the bag quickly, I probably wouldn't bring Alexa - I'd be too afraid to damage her. She will be enjoyed with no children around...lol

As you have OS Alexa I think the Mitzy would fulfil the gap for a more casual bag, which gives you easy access.

Saw the OS black lamb alexa yesterday - it's lovely:biggrin:

I also do think the Mitzy would fulfil the gap for a more casual and easy access bag - although I have both oak Effie and Rosie.. Rosie is fine in the rain (very dark and patina'd) but still afraid of staining Effie... still none of them is a messenger (have strap for effie, but the colour is not the best match ..) Mitzy's leather seem very robust too, so would be able to 'chuck it around' more.

However, I tried on an ink blue reg alexa in my lunch break, and it was looovely! Sadly the store didn't have the mitzy messenger to compare with.

Hey Lillemy how are you getting on with your OS OL Alexa? I have one coming any time now - wish the UPS man would hurry up.

I much prefer the Alexa to the Mitzy but that is just MO. I bought a Mitzy messenger last year but didn't get on well with it, just too shapeless for me however the girls here who have them love them so like I say, its only MO.

I love the Alexa as it can be handheld when my shoulder starts to ache and it's a great bag to alternate between messenger and handheld. It looks both smart and casual and depending on your needs you can either have the regular or the OS.

I am warming to the mitzy hobo however and its quite a good idea to buy bother messenger and hobo and alternate the straps for 4 different bags.

Not sure I'm helping - good luck with your decision.

I adore my OS OL Alexa, Tiree! Love everything with it! And great for work. So happy for you that you manage to track one down in the end - hope you'll fall as much in love with it as I have.

Since I like Alexa so much, I'd like to add a smaller one at some point too, for days and weekends when I don't need a big bag. As I said above, just tried on an ink blue reg, and liked it very much... I've bought both a blue and a camel trench coat and it would be lovely with both. But so will Mitzy..

I see your point about Mitzy being slouchy. Both pros and cons with that .. Easier to find things in Alexa maybe, but Mitzy might stop my cravings for another slouchy bag.

Firstly, omg that Mulberry will be discontinuing the medium hobo. :wtf: I must get one soon then before I miss my chance!

I'm obviously biased but I love my Mitzy messenger! I love the leather, it's definitely robust but feels very soft and smooshy at the same time. I find it very easy to use and it really holds a lot of stuff. No fiddly straps or flaps to contend with either, just a magnetic catch. I love that it looks casual but can be quite smart as well, at least in black. Not sure how much I could dress up the oak!

I agree with klp - I have the oak messenger and it is a casual bag. The black can look dressy or casual I think.
I love my Mitzy, it's good size, it's soft and comfortable, you can wear on the shoulder as well as messenger-style, easy to access and looks so good.
Mind you I also want an Alexa too. Oh for a lottery win!

Well I have the mitzy messenger and the os Alexa and they are just incomparible. My Mitzy is my go to bag, its just perfect for every single occasion really, and my Alexa is more of my "style" bag, like you, I dont count is as a true messenger.

You would not regret getting one for a second - I promise! :biggrin:

I know, totally different bags.. and I want both... but no money really... so should stay away from both/all... but starting to obsess about the ink blue alexa now.. and knowing both this and prob oak Mitzy messenger might be hard to get later, at least new. Starting to panick here! Seeing Tiree's gorgeous pics doesn't help either:biggrin:

Firstly, omg that Mulberry will be discontinuing the medium hobo. :wtf: I must get one soon then before I miss my chance!

I'm obviously biased but I love my Mitzy messenger! I love the leather, it's definitely robust but feels very soft and smooshy at the same time. I find it very easy to use and it really holds a lot of stuff. No fiddly straps or flaps to contend with either, just a magnetic catch. I love that it looks casual but can be quite smart as well, at least in black. Not sure how much I could dress up the oak!

I can't get the hobo I tried yesterday out of my head! It was so lovely - such a great sling- and-go bag too. I always start to panick when seeing a bag I like, with the colour and texture I love, and hearing it's being discontinued..LOL. Maybe I should just wait and see if the panick stops hehe. The oak messenger didn't have as nice graining, so I'm not totally panicking over that one. Will have to find another exemplar if I go for the messenger. If I someday should get both, messenger and hobo, then the blueberry or the black might be good options.

Kicking myself for not buying a messenger now while it was 25% at mywardrobe:nuts:

must laugh a little here, as there are suddenly so many bags into consideration.. again. I was all set now.. but now I'm thinking of the medium Mitzy hobo and/or messenger, the ink blue alexa when I was initially thinking about the oak reg alexa as alternative to Mitzy.. and then there is also gingerbread Hayden tote that I like, and very curious about the ink blue patent bays too - and nude ruby bays, just to add that into the mix too :lol:

The ruby bays must be lovely, but might get tired of the bow after a while. Think it then would be quite an expensive bag.. but have to see it when it arrives.

I don't have a blue bag, and love the ink blue colour. Reg alexa might be a better option than ink blue bays in a way, since I don't have a reg alexa... but a few bays.. I bet there won't be any in the sales either??!

Suddenly it seems impossible to choose..if going for any at all. I should really stick to my ban.

I think I am the same as you Lillemy. I keep changing my mind and as IWANB told me " I am getting my head turned by pretty bags!" She was right and I can't make a decision of any kind!

Oh gosh, all I see is ink blue alexa.. can't think of anything else except this bag (sad I know), and the Mitzy.. but maybe that will be easier getting later after all.

I don't have a blue bag, and was thinking about adding one later.. There is supposed to be a plum alexa in the AW collection though, isn't it? I was thinking earlier that the plum might be a good option.. but I have a couple purple bags (RN bays, dark purple Chloé Paraty and purple Luella) and cerise Daria. I'm a lost cause it seems when it comes to bags..

When I get a bag in my head I usually don't stop thinking about it before I have it in my hands. I am in the same boat with you, because the ink Alexa is occupying my thoughts at the moment... I will wait a few more weeks to see if the obsession passes, and if not, I might have to get one :biggrin:.

The Mitzy is a really nice bag. It looks so cute with different keyrings attached! I wish it came in ink blue...

Good luck with your decision!