I'm confused{?}

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Why are members PMing other members telling them to stop posting deals? :confused1:
    Don't do that:nogood: This isn't YOUR website to be telling or discouraging people from posting what this EXACT forum is specifically set up for = sharing deals and steals. I don't want to get another PM telling me this. . . obviously if someone is PMing you I want to know - what I mean is it needs to stop.

2. Wow...:shocked:

Thanks Swanky (as always) for being such a great mod.

3. Why'n the heck would anyone do that????

4. ...because some people are :censor:

5. I don't get it. They don't want a lot of people to know about the sales, is that it? (shakes head)

6. They're concerned the "lurkers" are "stealing" deals. Even though the "lurkers" could be TPF members. Thanks for posting this, Swanky!

7. Wow... There's plenty for everyone to go around! Post, post, post! :wlae:

8. Wow.... some people just make me go :rolleyes:

9. it's a bag! or a pair of shoes! give me a break. the behavior in some of these threads is ridiculous.

if an ebay seller snags the deals, oh well. you snooze, you lose and being apart of this forum doesn't give you entitlement over sale items.

10. Well put Canada. I miss out alot because sometimes I actually have to do my job that I'm paid to do a few times per day. lol:tup:

11. smh, why would anyone do that? being selfish? come on it's a recession every deal or steal helps!

12. I KNOW why. . . it just doesn't make sense to me.

I've had several people PM me and they're made to feel bad. This is just NOT okay. EVER.

If the people who want to hoard these codes for themselves want it private in here, then I think they need to start their own website:idea:
    tPF is PUBLIC and as long as you have a deal to pass on to us, we'll gladly accept it!

13. My concern is that some of them have started their own "google/yahoo" group and are using TPF number of posts to allow membership into the group. I wanted to add that they found out about the NM site map on TPF. Crazy!

14. I for one appreciate all of the deals and codes posted here:yes:. Sometimes I miss out and sometimes I snag a great deal thanks to the heads up by other posters. When I come across a deal that's not posted I like to make a thread to hopefully pass the deal on to another.
    I will continue to share and hope others do as well.:heart:

15. #15 Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
    There is a post in the Feedback dropbox about making deals and steals private, which I think is a really good idea. I post many things here and a lot of members miss out because people who just view the page end up getting it, which is kinda sad. These "lurkers" should contribute also. People post things in good faith that another TPF member will get it. We all help each other, not just feeding off of other people's post.

No one should be made to feel bad either.

And kiss_p, it baffles me that that matters to you. Anyone can start anything? Isn't this a free country?

Let's just calm all of our nerves down and move on. Maybe when posting things, ask to PM for details.

And also, may I say one more thing, please be aware that when you post SA's name and number, they get a bazillion of calls. Rather, have someone PM you for that info.