I'm color challenged! Help me coordinate...

KittyBag

Settling in...
Mar 28, 2006
So, I have begun to notice that I am frequent offender of trying to pair the following:
  • orange and green (looks like a pumpkin)
  • red and green (christmas party anyone?)
  • blue and red (is it 4th of July?)
  • blue and orange (I think those are Miami U colors, right?)
I have some how ended up with a waredrobe of red, green, and blue. Luckily a pair of tan shorts and a red or green shirt works... but then what color Tano should I get to go with either red or green on any given day?

Or am I stuck getting 2 bags... 1 to match red and 1 to match green and then have to switch bags each day in order to make sure I don't have one of the odd color combos above. Am I helpless? :Push:

Well... truffle or black is easy and a no-brainer for sure! You can't go wrong!

However... I would also consider grape! I Just wouldn't wear something like an orange shirt, green pants and a grape bag BUT.... if you wore ONE color plus a grape bag it would be hot! And then jeans/khakis/something more neutral on the bottom. For example the other day I wore a dark yellow (sort of like autumn squash) shirt with my grape minilisa, jeans and a brown wooden cuff. Worked just fine!

I think purple looks good with orange, red, blue and red depending on the shade of the shirt/pants you're wearing. A pineapple bag could also work! Oh heck, I love color and like putting complimentary colors together one day and bein all matchy matchy the next.

One color I would definately add to that mix would be some kinda yellow.. finding the right tone will be hard though. I had two yellow bags in my lifetime.. a Mangoish Hobo International that my sister stole, and then a Marc Jacobs Stam in a really gorgeous yellow that I sold.. Regretedly of course =[

BUT yeah, those colors went well with RED, green, BLACK, NAVY, grey, white, orange, BROWN, PURPLE, blah blah every color of the rainbow probably!

I myself usually pair colors with the same kind of tone.. my navy blue vest goes great with my Grenat Balenciaga.. BUT I def wouldnt mind pairing navy blue with a BRIGHT red.. hahaha. BUT YEAH! Yellow is a great pop against neutrals and a great extra POP next to brighter colors.

My suggestion is just as long as the tone of colors match, your fine.

Sometimes it's fun if you have a very plain outfit on (black, navy) to wear a really bright bag that's a pop of color!

For red clothes...I like navy bags actually. And you can always do a brown or a black. Some purples even depending on the shade.

Green is a lil hardered for me, being as I rarely wear green. I am gonna go with a brown as the top choice. And I think in the warm weather pink or white can look cute with springy greens.

You guys are all so awesome to repond!! I started taking out my fall clothes and I think they are a bit more neutral than my summer ones (thank goodness!).

I love the idea of a fun wheat or yellow bag. I really need to invest in a black bag. And I am so addicted to a nice deep brown. I may have to start posting some outifts too.

Haha Kitty, I think you should go for whatever makes you happy! I really suggest yellow though, even a nice mustard yellow would go from spring, to summer, to fall, well into winter. A brighter sunny yellow would be mostly for spring and summer.

Happy Bag Shopping!