I'm color challenged! Help me coordinate...

KittyBag

Settling in...
Mar 28, 2006
Smaller Apple (north of NYC)
So, I have begun to notice that I am frequent offender of trying to pair the following:
  • orange and green (looks like a pumpkin)
  • red and green (christmas party anyone?)
  • blue and red (is it 4th of July?)
  • blue and orange (I think those are Miami U colors, right?)
I have some how ended up with a waredrobe of red, green, and blue. Luckily a pair of tan shorts and a red or green shirt works... but then what color Tano should I get to go with either red or green on any given day?

Or am I stuck getting 2 bags... 1 to match red and 1 to match green and then have to switch bags each day in order to make sure I don't have one of the odd color combos above. Am I helpless? :Push:

TygerKitty

~*~ addicted ~*~
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
Well... truffle or black is easy and a no-brainer for sure! You can't go wrong!

However... I would also consider grape! I Just wouldn't wear something like an orange shirt, green pants and a grape bag BUT.... if you wore ONE color plus a grape bag it would be hot! And then jeans/khakis/something more neutral on the bottom. For example the other day I wore a dark yellow (sort of like autumn squash) shirt with my grape minilisa, jeans and a brown wooden cuff. Worked just fine!

I think purple looks good with orange, red, blue and red depending on the shade of the shirt/pants you're wearing. A pineapple bag could also work! Oh heck, I love color and like putting complimentary colors together one day and bein all matchy matchy the next.

REYNALD0C

Birkin or Bust!
O.G.
May 10, 2006
Soul California
One color I would definately add to that mix would be some kinda yellow.. finding the right tone will be hard though. I had two yellow bags in my lifetime.. a Mangoish Hobo International that my sister stole, and then a Marc Jacobs Stam in a really gorgeous yellow that I sold.. Regretedly of course =[

BUT yeah, those colors went well with RED, green, BLACK, NAVY, grey, white, orange, BROWN, PURPLE, blah blah every color of the rainbow probably!

I myself usually pair colors with the same kind of tone.. my navy blue vest goes great with my Grenat Balenciaga.. BUT I def wouldnt mind pairing navy blue with a BRIGHT red.. hahaha. BUT YEAH! Yellow is a great pop against neutrals and a great extra POP next to brighter colors.

My suggestion is just as long as the tone of colors match, your fine.

Fendi84NJ

purselove
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
NEW JERSEY
Sometimes it's fun if you have a very plain outfit on (black, navy) to wear a really bright bag that's a pop of color!

For red clothes...I like navy bags actually. And you can always do a brown or a black. Some purples even depending on the shade.

Green is a lil hardered for me, being as I rarely wear green. I am gonna go with a brown as the top choice. And I think in the warm weather pink or white can look cute with springy greens.

beeb

O.G.
May 29, 2008
NYC
I'm going to vote truffle too, it would go with all the colors comprising your wardrobe, AND it looks like chocolate. :heart:

KittyBag

Settling in...
Mar 28, 2006
Smaller Apple (north of NYC)
You guys are all so awesome to repond!! I started taking out my fall clothes and I think they are a bit more neutral than my summer ones (thank goodness!).

I love the idea of a fun wheat or yellow bag. I really need to invest in a black bag. And I am so addicted to a nice deep brown. I may have to start posting some outifts too.

REYNALD0C

Birkin or Bust!
O.G.
May 10, 2006
Soul California
Haha Kitty, I think you should go for whatever makes you happy! I really suggest yellow though, even a nice mustard yellow would go from spring, to summer, to fall, well into winter. A brighter sunny yellow would be mostly for spring and summer.

Happy Bag Shopping!

fafnir

O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
Portland
Honestly, go for whatever color makes your heart beat fastest and wear it with joy! Don't worry about coordinating!