I'm beating up my Bayswater :(

COPENHAGEN

Aug 29, 2012
I feel so bad! Recently I've been using my choc Bays a lot for work and I constantly scratch it or mark it badly! It looks so beat up now I could cry! I normally baby my bags a lot so I might be overly sensitive but I feel like it's not as sturdy as I hoped and thought.

Today I had it in my drawer at work and made this huuuge mark when I closed is and got the flap stuck:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412164961.764792.jpg

I'm heartbroken! Also scratched it on the back but managed to make it look ok with some brown shoe color and collonil spray.

:sad: hoping for some ideas on how to fix this or just some fellow bag lovers understanding words.

I feel so bad! Recently I've been using my choc Bays a lot for work and I constantly scratch it or mark it badly! It looks so beat up now I could cry! I normally baby my bags a lot so I might be overly sensitive but I feel like it's not as sturdy as I hoped and thought.

Today I had it in my drawer at work and made this huuuge mark when I closed is and got the flap stuck:

View attachment 2766852

I'm heartbroken! Also scratched it on the back but managed to make it look ok with some brown shoe color and collonil spray.

:sad: hoping for some ideas on how to fix this or just some fellow bag lovers understanding words.
don't worry she is getting used and I am sure she looks stunning.
I like my bags to remain new too (and can be a bit obsessive/particular about things) so I understand how you feel. But better for the bag to be used then just sat in a dustbag!
Take a proper pic of the bag - I am sure it looks lovely still.

I like to think of Ford Prefect's old, leather satchel--in original TV version of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."
It was scuffed & softened, crinkled & worn. It was gorgeous.
And, the stories etched across its leather would stun anyone into amazement.

That's the difference between mulberry bags & other designers, I think.
Mulberry's aren't complete without those scuffs & storylines added.
We must use them. And "the look" builds over time, not instantly.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 2766852

Eek, I'd be a bit annoyed with myself if I did that but I'm sure it'll blend in over time and your bag will still look lovely copenhagen.

Do you have a full picture of the bag? I'm sure she still looks fabulous!

+1! I'd like to see the mark in the context of the whole bag ...

Whatever the damage, I do think it will blend in over time and at least choc is more forgiving than oak or a light colour ...

Remember that a bag is a "working item", not an ornament; it's meant to be carried, enjoyed and used - not stuck in a glass cabinet and admired! Every mark tells a story which is unique to the bag and to you! :smile:

Thank you so much for your comments, ladies - really cheered me up and I needed that! I'm trying to get over it and bring her out again today. This is the whole bag plus the mark I made on the back (it was almost pale before as I scrathed the leather off sort of but managed to put brown shoe cream on which helped a bit!)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412249050.552935.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412249079.037363.jpg

Thank you so much for your comments, ladies - really cheered me up and I needed that! I'm trying to get over it and bring her out again today. This is the whole bag plus the mark I made on the back (it was almost pale before as I scrathed the leather off sort of but managed to put brown shoe cream on which helped a bit!)

View attachment 2767886

View attachment 2767887

I think it looks fine.

But when I bought mine, my SA told me that you can send in your bag if there's any damage, they'll fix it for you. She said she once burnt hers with a cigarette and it came back like new.

Still looks fabulous :tup:

I think it looks fine.

But when I bought mine, my SA told me that you can send in your bag if there's any damage, they'll fix it for you. She said she once burnt hers with a cigarette and it came back like new.

It really isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Your bag is so beautiful and you should still be proud of her.

She's looking very lovely, Copenhagen; well used and full of character! Don't worry about her! :smile:

I reckon she looks lovely 😊 xxx
You guys are the best, thank you so much for the lovely comments - they truly made me feel a lot better :hbeat:

Cavalla, I'll try to bring it in to my local M store and see what they say. Doubt they can do much to be honest but it's def worth a try! :smile:

I'm actually just waiting for my Bays to get a little wear and tear to them. Especially as its done by me, not from a previous owner as I bought mine new. I think it suits the style to have a little wear show! This does not apply to most of my other bags but on Bays its kinda cool, in my opinion. And they are a reminder that You have used and loved the bag :smile: