I'm back from new York

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. well, right before I went to NYC I bought this beautiful 32 black box kelly from a nice person on ebay so I would have an Hermes to carry into the store when I went to try and score a birkin. With second thoughts because of the weather I left it at home and went empty handed. I met up with a reseller there and bought this beautiful almost new 35 black birkin in togo with GH. Now I was ready. I had the name of an SA thanks to the very lovely hermesgroupie. It was sunday so they didn't open until noon and I arrived a little early and didn't want to hang out with the other 10 people waiting for the store to open ( I was the only one with a birkin though and they were all looking). I walked around a little and then entered the store at 12:03. I asked for the SA whose name I was given and was told he was with a client but I could wait. I saw him pulling out a beautiful gold 35 birkin and then told the lady how lucky she was to walk in off the street and buy a birkin. Oh no, this could have been my birkin but I was 3 minutes too late. When he was all done, we met and he was so nice and sorry there were no birkins left. I bought this beautiful scarf and my agenda refill and said I would come back on my last day in NY. I came back but he never made it in to work. No one knew where he was. But a very nice SA took my cell phone # and said he would call me if he showed up. An hour later I got the call, He was there. So I went back to Hermes and we talked but the only birkin was a 30 brighton. I left and he wrote down what my dream birkin was. An hour later, I called him to say, I would take the 30 blue, since I couldn't leave NY without my birkin. He told me to sit tight, and be patient and my birkin may just turn up. I went home and the very next day he called and said my 35 gold with PH was in the mail. Now I am complete (for now) and in celebration my husband decorated one whole tree in the front yard with all orange lights. Thank you HG, I woudn't have gotten this gorgeous brand new birkin if it weren't for you.

hermes birkin 002.jpg hermes birkin 005.jpg hermes birkin 004.jpg
  2. Congratulations Loren!!!! I think the best part of your story is the orange lights your hubby put outside!!! I'd like to see a picture of THAT!! :yes: :yes:

3. What a story! Congratulations!!! I know that "complete" feeling. Enjoy your birkins (and kelly!)

4. loren, what a pleasant experience! and the gold birkin is such a classic, congratulations!

5. congrats...what a great story. I got the exact same one 2 weeks ago.
    Aren't you glad that you waited? You will love your gold birkin, it will go with everything. I love it.

I need your SA next time I go to nyc. I want a black birkin too

6. wow loren!!!! BIG CONGRATS to u!!! i know how long u've been longing for that gold birkin and now u have 2 birkins....plus a kelly!!!!!! YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!! i'm soooooooooooooo happy for u!!!!! this is such a sweet story...and ur hubby is a darling! aaaaaawwwww!!!!! congrats again!!!!!

7. This is major Hermes Karma!!!! Congratulations on all three beauties!

8. pazt.....did u read?? they had a brighton blue birkin!!! isnt that what u want????!!!!

9. Glad to be of assistance. Isn't he the best? I adore him!!!!

10. OMG. What a lovely SA :nuts:

COngrats !! You have a beautiful collection :yahoo: :yahoo:

11. yeah, but i want a 35. tsk tsk! :sad:

12. What a perfect New York visit. You got your Gold 'Dream' Birkin... Congratulations!!!!! I adore stories like this. When it's meant to be, it's meant to be!

HG...that was very sweet of you.

Loren...you're husband is so sweet. You are truly a blessed woman.

13. WOW!!!! LOREN, what a haul!!!!! I'd say this was one successful trip to NYC!!!! Beautiful pieces AND a scarf!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

14. Wow! Not ONE Birkin but TWO and a Kelly to boot! Amazing! That SA is a saint!!
    I love the new scarf - one of my faves from the new collection! Enjoy everything, loren!

15. Wow, what a great H experience! Congrats!