Jimmy Choo I'm afraid of my Python Mahala and my Turquoise is thirsty!

Salight

Jul 12, 2008
I just came back from a Summers end bag bender and I need some advice. I just bought a Shimmer Python Mahala and I am afraid to use it! It seems so delicate I'm afraid I'll mess it up! I also just got a Python Alex and it seems pretty fragile too. Do you have any suggestions for me. Are they as fragile as they seem? The Python sounds crunchy when you touch it and it makes me want to cringe thinking of all those little scales falling off. I may not keep it. Since I'm asking for advice, I scored a Turquoise Mahala off the clearance rack at my local mall today and it feels a little dry. Do you ladies condition your leather bags? Do you treat them with anything to keep them soft and pliable? Is there anything I can put on my new shimmer Mahala to keep the glits from rubbing off? I know thats alot of questions but I just bought 4 new bags and I have no idea how to care for them or how to store them. Should I put tissue in the Mahalas so they will keep their shape when bieng stored? Please help me, I feel so overwhelmed!:confused1:

Congrats on your new Choos. I can't help you on the python since I don't have any but I keep my black mahala stuffed with tissue in it's dust bag. I don't use mine as an everyday bag and it keeps its shape.

Thank you for the response. I too can't bring myself to carry one everyday, I'm really hard on my bags. I wish I had a black Mahala but I'm a sales rack kinda girl and the black ones never make it there.

If it's these two I have had no problem with either other than the white anaconda one can snag fine knits when you're carrying it. I am someone that is easy on my bags though. I keep every bag I own stuffed when not in use. My white one is the Ayse but I think they were made in the same anaconda....

Attachments

• JC Anaconda Aysa P8240178.JPG
    JC Anaconda Aysa P8240178.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 175
  • JC Python Mahala P8240163.JPG
    JC Python Mahala P8240163.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 164
Bichon, I don't keep mine stuffed when not in use. Should I? What are the benefits of keeping them stuffed versus not stuffed? What do you use as the stuffing?

It helps to keep their original shape. If you go a while without using a bag and it has been sitting around and settling and slouching on the shelf, it can get wrinkles and creases in the leather that you probably would rather not have. Once they are there, they are there for life. I just keep the stuffing they come with, which is usually tissue paper. Just keep several pieces together and crumple them up into an elongated wad. Most times you need to use a few. I also use packing paper sometimes. I saw on tPF, someone uses little blow up pillows, tee hee, cute idea but then I'd have to buy them and there's no money left after I've bought the bag for such an expense. :lol:

It helps to keep their original shape. If you go a while without using a bag and it has been sitting around and settling and slouching on the shelf, it can get wrinkles and creases in the leather that you probably would rather not have. Once they are there, they are there for life. I just keep the stuffing they come with, which is usually tissue paper. Just keep several pieces together and crumple them up into an elongated wad. Most times you need to use a few. I also use packing paper sometimes. I saw on tPF, someone uses little blow up pillows, tee hee, cute idea but then I'd have to buy them and there's no money left after I've bought the bag for such an expense. :lol:

Thanks for the advice Bichon! I don't have the original stuffing anymore but I suppose I could just use white tissue paper.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good Girl!!:tup: All of mine are in their dust bags too :yes: I don't treat mine with anything because I've been told you have to be really careful to not get anything on the hardware, but recently someone on this site said they use Wilsons protectant and have never had a problem :shrugs: I think we need more feedback on this from more peeps :P

:Push: What kind of store do you get those at and in what department? Are they blow ups so you can have them the size you want? :smile:

They are packing material, in the same way styrofoam peanuts are. They some in packages that you order...like from Amazon.com or Neiman's. You could probably buy them at a Kinko's/FedEx, or from the Associated Bag website.

But, I just get them free from packages.