I'm afraid my Zoe won't slouch

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
Canada
I bought the Zoe pictured here but haven't used it yet. I also bought a pink patchwork Carly that I'm putting away for the winter in a few weeks (I live in Canada, and cannot do a pink purse after labor day), and that's when I plan to break out the Zoe.

The SA in the outlet assured me that Zoe would slouch, but the leather strip at the top seems SO STIFF - do you guys really think it will loosen up? I sure hope so, because it sits funny as a shoulder bag right now, tucked right up und the armpit - ick.

Please tell me she is going to slouch!! THANKS!

Attachments

September24

Je m'aime
Dec 26, 2008
here
I have the same bag in tan/khaki and it slouches. I think it just takes a bit to soften up the leather top. I have been using mine for a few weeks and it took about a week to slouch. It's actually still in the slouching "stage" each day it gets better LOL!

dstalksalot

Rehabbing Coach since 2010
O.G.
Apr 21, 2009
she is super pretty and I love that key fob....I have read it does take a few wearings but do not have this particular bag.

Jennifer75

Jul 27, 2009
Illinois
I've been carrying a Medium Khaki/Mahog. Zoe for 3 weeks and she's not really a sloucher either. I asked the SA the same question when I bought it. I'm sure with time it will more and more and I'm sure if you hung the bag from a doorknob each night that would help. (I didn't do that myself...maybe I should take my own advice! lol)

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
Canada
Hmmmm, well maybe if I want to start carrying it in Sept, I should hang it from a doorknob starting now, and maybe weigh it down a bit too. :smile:

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know if it works!!

I've been carrying a Medium Khaki/Mahog. Zoe for 3 weeks and she's not really a sloucher either. I asked the SA the same question when I bought it. I'm sure with time it will more and more and I'm sure if you hung the bag from a doorknob each night that would help. (I didn't do that myself...maybe I should take my own advice! lol)

vtfroggie

>.<
O.G.
May 14, 2008
The land of Mary
All 3 of my Zoes (Patent leather and patchwork) slouch, though I agree with crazyforcoach that the slouches better. I also don't fill up the bag, but the stuff in the bottom adds enough weight to help the slouch look like it should.

Jun 15, 2009
All 3 of my Zoes (Patent leather and patchwork) slouch, though I agree with crazyforcoach that the slouches better. I also don't fill up the bag, but the stuff in the bottom adds enough weight to help the slouch look like it should.
VTFroggie - that is correct - the weight of when it is filled gives the large a better slouch -:biggrin:

HandbagDi

Jul 7, 2009
I have 3 of the zoes, as well, all large, and they all slouch very well. Mine are leather or patent, don't have any of the signature.

Jennifer75

Jul 27, 2009
Illinois
I noticed in the store that the all leather version was soft and supple and that the leather band on the signature style is very stiff.

Jun 12, 2007
I like that bag stiff and that is why i wont buy it. Weird. I would think it would slouch too after time has gone by a bit.

missmoz

"Me and the Moon"
O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
in the lab
am i weird for thinking a non-slouching zoe looks good? :shame:

i actually never got into the zoe's til now after seeing everyone's collections in this forum! hmmm, maybe another outlet trip?

butterflywings5

<3 Coach!!
O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
PA
all my zoes are signature, and they slouched more and more as I used them, so just have some patience and enjoy using it!