I'm actually using an Erol Tote

girliemonster

Jun 28, 2008
I feel like I'm posting some secret confession but just HAD to post this based on the amount of, um, comments about the Erol Tote bag which often shows up during the HH sales. I snagged a large Erol Tote in green during one of the sales. I think I paid $35 for it. TBH, I thought that I'd either end up giving it away as a teacher's gift or using it for craft storage. Last week, I ended up packing it up to use to take my 3 kids someplace and, well, I've been using it daily ever since (much to my surprise). I really love all of the pockets and how much this bag can hold and still be well organized. The straps are really too short to put over my shoulder, so I usually end up hand carrying the bag or putting it over my forearm but, in some ways, this is probably saving my back/shoulders as I tend to end up carrying too much in my bag and then hurting my back. (I had an Un Apres Midi Chien Large Passy that I had to sell for that very reason). It doesn't close very well, so I usually just use it as an open tote. The fabric is more Spring/Summer but as it hasn't turned terribly cold yet here, I'm still comfortable carrying it. So, that's my "confession." LOL. I like it so much that if one pops up in blue, at the right price, I'll probably jump on it. :roflmfao:

Awesome! I like mine too, though I haven't had a use for it yet. I have the clear mini erol with multi-color print, it's super tiny. When I use it most likely it will be as a lunch bag. So cute!
You got a good deal on the big one! I think I paid $30 for mine

LOL!
Thanks for posting your "confession", but no pics????
You just gotta post pics!!!!! We would love to see it IRL cuz honestly, most everything looks so much better than what we see on the HH website. So happy that it's workin' for you.

And of course, I confess as well....I am one of those who always posts about the "dreaded Erol". The source of this was last year when HH had one (of their many) crazy sale when every 30 minutes they offered an item at an insane low price and the Erol tote got A LOT of exposure....so alas - the phrase, "dreaded Erol".

Enjoy...and yes, we're SERIOUS about pics!

i have the same exact bag but i bought mine, on purpose, for me! it does carry a lot and i do sometimes wish the handles were a tiny bit longer because i too cannot put them over my shoulder and this is a problem mostly because i am really short and the distance between my hand and the ground is very negligible :crybaby: but otherwise, it's great! i also love the lining.

I read the thread title and *gasped*! LOL!

I'm happy to hear that the Erol has found love in a few homes out there! Keep loving and using... post pics please!!!

post a pic in action! :tup:

I feel like I'm posting some secret confession but just HAD to post this based on the amount of, um, comments about the Erol Tote bag which often shows up during the HH sales. I snagged a large Erol Tote in green during one of the sales. I think I paid $35 for it. TBH, I thought that I'd either end up giving it away as a teacher's gift or using it for craft storage. Last week, I ended up packing it up to use to take my 3 kids someplace and, well, I've been using it daily ever since (much to my surprise). I really love all of the pockets and how much this bag can hold and still be well organized. The straps are really too short to put over my shoulder, so I usually end up hand carrying the bag or putting it over my forearm but, in some ways, this is probably saving my back/shoulders as I tend to end up carrying too much in my bag and then hurting my back. (I had an Un Apres Midi Chien Large Passy that I had to sell for that very reason). It doesn't close very well, so I usually just use it as an open tote. The fabric is more Spring/Summer but as it hasn't turned terribly cold yet here, I'm still comfortable carrying it. So, that's my "confession." LOL. I like it so much that if one pops up in blue, at the right price, I'll probably jump on it. :roflmfao:

Do you think it would hold books well? My kids and I go to the library almost every weekend and I'm always looking for a nice sturdy bag to carry their library books home in. It would be some larger children's books and probably 4-6 other books, hardcover and paperback for my older DD and I.

Thoughts?

I think they had them as a featured item a few sales ago, but surprisingly I don't remember them being lower than $85 on the site (except for the bright green). They do show up on ebay once in a while, but it could be a long wait.