i'm a total bag snob...is there hope for me?

shells

will work for bags!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2007
so i know there have been threads where people talk about whether they still use their less expensive designer bags (like coach, dooney, etc), but i'm having a dilemma! i've pretty much only carried LV and Chanel for years now and i'm having a hard time letting go of my bag snobbiness to love a coach bag that i've recently come across and like a lot. as much as i love the leather and color of the bag (gathered large madison sophia in bone), i can't seem to get over the mental hurdle of carrying a coach again! :blush: i figure it can be my way of getting a light colored leather bag that i wouldn't be as upset about potentially ruining (again, i feel like a total snob since this bag is way more expensive than i know many of my friends would ever consider paying for). i got the bag with a discount too, but i know that potential resale down the road is prob poor. is there hope for a bag snob like myself??

Oh me. I feel a bit this way as well and have felt a bit guilty/snobby for it. I so loved my Coach but really got soured over it because of the outlets/ little resale value etc.. I have kept a few but have to admit that I don't love carrying them nearly as much. And like you said they are still $$ compared to what some of my friends would pay. Even when I carry one of my other bags it always seems I am changing back to an LV after a day or two. I can appreciate other bags but right now my heart belongs to LV. I say carry what you love and be happy without guilt over it!

I know how you feel so I will share my short story. :smile: I wanted a black leather bag the beginning of this year and couldn't find one I really liked. So I bought one from Coach for $458 that I thought I liked (I actually got it cheaper because of a PCE event or something that was going on, even though I am not a preferred customer)... I used it only a few times and now I'm giving it to my sister as a big chunk of her Christmas gift. I ended up finding a nice black leather Gucci bag a few months later that I am a lot prouder to own. A lot of girls really love Coach but it's just not for me. I don't think you are a snob.

personally, i think you should carry whatever bag you like. i have a $20 bag that i carry from time to time. it sits in my closet one shelf down from my $2,000 empreinte artsy. i do think it is a bit snobbish to not want it just because it's coach. if you like it, buy it. i might have a different attitude toward it than most, but i don't consider the resale value when i go to buy a bag. i think a cheap bag (non-fake) bag can look just as great as an expensive one. it doesn't mean it won't fall apart in a few months, but it can still be super cute while it lasts.

I say get it. The thing is the gathered leather Sophia is one Coach bag you won't see around much and, it's a real Coach bag, not a fake one. The bone is such a great color and so does the black one.

I know how you feel so I will share my short story. :smile: I wanted a black leather bag the beginning of this year and couldn't find one I really liked. So I bought one from Coach for $458 that I thought I liked (I actually got it cheaper because of a PCE event or something that was going on, even though I am not a preferred customer)... I used it only a few times and now I'm giving it to my sister as a big chunk of her Christmas gift. I ended up finding a nice black leather Gucci bag a few months later that I am a lot prouder to own. A lot of girls really love Coach but it's just not for me. I don't think you are a snob.

this is exactly what i'm afraid of...i like this bag, but i'm afraid i will tire of it really quickly and it will sit there. with a PCE discount, i got it for about $450, but if i don't use it, it's quite a waste! the only thing is i'd like a light colored leather bag, and i won't buy a high end designer bag in a light color for fear of color transfer! it's my own mental hurdle, i guess (don't want it, but it's there!)

I understand where your coming from. to me if Im going to buy a coach bag it will be on on sale at the outlet and I would not spend more then 200 on it.. I just wouldnt be able to spend more then that on coach. I feel like i am getting a better buy spending 800 on an Lv then 500 for a coach.

I say get it. The thing is the gathered leather Sophia is one Coach bag you won't see around much and, it's a real Coach bag, not a fake one. The bone is such a great color and so does the black one.

It is AUTHENTIC, NOT FAKE, is a biggest thing for me. So buy what you like, as long as, it is authentic. I rather see someone carry a $200 REAL COACH, then a $200 FAKE LV.

I don't purchase much Coach anymore because they don't sell much boutique deletes at the outlet anymore... which is where I get my Coach, because there is absolutely no reason to pay full retail price when you can get it for less. :graucho:

Besides, for the price of two Coach, I can get an LV. I like did the math, when I sell the LV, I can at least get 2/3 of the original value back when reselling and maybe get 1/4 back from the Coach. So from investment stand point, it makes more sense to get the LV/Chanel/HERMES (okay, this one is more like 40 Coach bags)

I kept the pieces that I really liked and not what people usually see and sold the rest. I still carry my Coach... although, mostly on raining days :P

I just purchased a REAL OSTRICH SKIN clutch and it is also lined with lamb skin... it isn't from any of the premium designer but it sure it is beautiful, authentic exotic ostrich skin. I was a little weary at first because it cost just as much as a preloved Chanel Timeless kisslock clutch but the Chanel isn't OSTRICH! It feels luxurious in my hand and I just couldn't put it down. I told DH, I want to take it to bed... he kinda glared at me... what? I am in love, OKAY?:roflmfao:

Honestly I don't think you are snobby at all. You did manage to purchase the Coach. What surprises me is that you are worried about the resell factor. Enjoy the bag.

I understand. But I always think you should carry a bag that you love and will get enjoyment from. Personally, once I purchased LV I have never gone back. But I won't judge others who carry coach... its about what you love and how it makes you feel.

This is so me! I found a coach, all leather bag, that I love and the price is right, $298, but the hubby is telling me not to get it because he knows me too well! He thinks that as soon as I get it I won't want to carry it because it is coach and not louis...which is probably true! I know it sounds awful, coach is very nice and I love the leather but I love my louis bags and once I started carrying louis I have not wanted to carry or purchase anything else. But I think I want the coach bag...ah what to do!

I love all designer bags...I LOVE purses. Yes LV is my absolute FAV FAV for 20+ years now and i have owned 25+ LV bags over the years but I still enjoy Gucci, Michael Kors, and especially Coach.

They have come out with some really beautiful bags these last couple of years...and they are not cheap...come o 500+ is not cheap.

Its all about what you LOVE !!!:biggrin:.....because really are you carrying LV because you are a snob...or because you LOVE LV....there is a difference....

go with your heart...

ps.....you can always carry all your LV accessorries in your Coach:P