I'm a moron...HELP!

5981kristin

Feb 9, 2006
Ladies I need a little moral support! So, to make a long story short I bought Louboutins on ebay about a week ago. I moved about a year ago and updated my information with the post office however, I forgot to update my address on paypal. With the tracking number I was able to see that my package was delivered to my old address three days ago. Luckily I was able to get ahold of the new tenants who told me that they had not received any package for me. I am going to the post office tomorrow to see if they can locate the package. Im hoping that they have/will forward it to my new address, or at least send it back to the seller. I am MORE than willing to pay the shipping cost if she has to re-send it to me seeing as its completely my fault. I will be devastated if my package is lost, not only will I be out $500 but I will also be out a beautiful pair of shoes :crybaby: Have any of you guys ever had this experience? ANY suggestions would be helpful. I am kind of at a loss as to what to do. TIA.

YES....If the seller was in the US, seller should have insured the item AND purchased SIGNATURE confirmation, per PP Seller Protection. And if there was a signature upon receipt, PO or online tracking should provide the siggy.

Now.. the fact the you did not provide a valid address is a whole nother issue.
I hope that the PO can help you find this package.

I did exactly the same thing when I moved a month ago. My best advice would be to get your mail forwarded from your old address to your current one (USPS.com -- very easy, costs a dollar, and takes effect in a few days). I did this a few days after my package was delivered to my old address (no new tenants, so it was probably sitting in a parcel locker for a week or two), and in a few weeks it magically appeared at my doorstep. Definitely worth a try.

I have had this experience as the seller! I shipped some boots to someone 12 days ago and when I tracked it it was on its way back to me. Why? She didn't update her Paypal address. I only ship to the PP address to cover myself. Thankfully, I purchased signature confirmation and the P.O. couldn't get it. So, now she is bugging me every day to find out when I will ship again. The P.O. told me it could take 2 weeks to get them back. I made her pony up the money to re-ship.

I did exactly the same thing when I moved a month ago. My best advice would be to get your mail forwarded from your old address to your current one (USPS.com -- very easy, costs a dollar, and takes effect in a few days). I did this a few days after my package was delivered to my old address (no new tenants, so it was probably sitting in a parcel locker for a week or two), and in a few weeks it magically appeared at my doorstep. Definitely worth a try.

wait, when did usps start charging for forwarding? :confused1: As I understood it before, they don't fwd packages w/o charging additional shipping fees.

wait, when did usps start charging for forwarding? :confused1: As I understood it before, they don't fwd packages w/o charging additional shipping fees.

They charge $1 to PROCESS the forwarding address change if you do it online vs filling out the card and taking it to the PO. You'd think they'd WANT people to do this online when they move!!:nuts: