I'm a dummy and don't know how to proceed...

HmMmluvthatbag

Breakin' the Bank
Jan 8, 2007
I bought this bag and wallet, thinking they were both Marc Jacobs. Well the wallet is Perlina (I've never heard of it). I mostly bought this because of the combo - wallet and bag. Now I don't want it - I really wanted a MJ wallet.

I just messaged the seller explaining my situation and asked for a refund. I would gladly cover her shipping costs and ebay listing fees. I know I seem moronic because she says it's Perlina - but I thought that was the style MJ wallet.

I'm generally not a picky person, but I know I couldn't get back what I paid if I just tried to sell it.

Any help/suggestions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280222428162&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Firstly that is a beautiful Marc Jacobs bag and a fantastic bag...I assume you have had it authentcated. I must say the auction clearly states it is a perlina wallet and it has not been misdescribed. You would have to appeal to the sellers good nature if you want a partial refund. It is as describd though. I dont think I would refund it. I think you got a good deal...up to you

HmMmluvthatbag

Breakin' the Bank
Jan 8, 2007
You're right, it is a pretty bag. MJ wallets are much tougher to find however... that's where the real value in the auction lied.

It is an authentic stella. But pale pink stellas only fetch $200 - $300 range.

I don't know, I'm just disappointed.

Jan 18, 2006
I don't understand why you're disappointed. The seller could not have been any clearer in what they were selling. The auction title is very clear that the wallet is by Perlina as is the description. I would never accept a return because someone "thought" they were getting something other that what I described and photographed. Your seller may agree to a return but I honestly would be surprised.

My suggestion would be to give the wallet as a gift to someone or sell it yourself. I wouldn't press the issue in fear of getting a negative from the seller.

Great bag!

nns

Mar 30, 2008
Forgive me for being blunt, but right in the auction it states that the wallet is "by" perlina. Why should the seller go through the headache of waiting for the set to come back and relisting and all that other assorted crud? I'd just count it as a lesson learned and keep it rather than putting some stranger out like that.

HmMmluvthatbag

Breakin' the Bank
Jan 8, 2007
Yeow! This is a brutal audience!

I understand where you are all coming from - I've bought and sold plenty on ebay.

I did not do a thorough reading of the auction and did not catch that the wallet was a different brand.

Have any of you ever received something that was not what you were expecting, and valued less?

Sep 14, 2006
I dont think you can, because the listing stated clearly:
"wallet is by Perlina"

maybe you can kindly ask the seller that you misunderstod, but if she doesnt give you any partial/refund, that I dont think theres anything you can do..sorry, no help..

btw, the bag is really pretty IMO =) love the pink

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007

I understand where you are all coming from - I've bought and sold plenty on ebay.

I did not do a thorough reading of the auction and did not catch that the wallet was a different brand.

Have any of you ever received something that was not what you were expecting, and valued less?
Yes it might feel bad on the wallet side but I think the bag is great. You could try to resell the wallet but it does look good with the bag..

Pudoodles

Pudsy
Mar 15, 2008
I'd be really peeved off with myself but I wouldn't say anything....There was no dishonesty on the part of the seller....The bag and wallet are just lovely....I'd just enjoy the items and next time, I'd just make sure to read every line of the auction before pulling the trigger (like I needed to say that...:lecture:)...I can see how you might have gotten excited when you saw the pic, though...the bag and wallet look like a match made in heaven!
Pudoodles

SOLIDGOLD2

why yes, it was
Mar 7, 2007

This is your fault, the seller clearly states who the wallet is by.
You should have read the entire auction

I have never had that happen to me because I READ THE ENTIRE auction

I don't think your going to get much sympathy here. A lot of sellers complain about buyers who don't read before buying them whine because it's not what they were expecting.

This reminds me of a thread where a buyer bought a coach bag but wanted it to be chanel:roflmfao:
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/craziest-thing-i-have-ever-heard-buyer-loon-289177.html

Last edited:

Pinkcaviar

O.G.
Feb 14, 2006
I think its a great match!

However, I will also have to agree with the ladies that there's not much you could further do about it except resell it.

I've purchased some stuff that wasn't quite up to par with the description in terms of condition, but never a different brand.

Jan 18, 2006

No. I always find it helpful to actually read the auction before I bid. :P I'm just teasing you.....;)

I honestly wasn't trying to be brutal:flowers:. I guess I just couldn't understand why you would even trouble the seller by asking for a return and partial refund. I imagine she decided to sell the two as a set because they match. She probably knew that selling the wallet alone may not be worth it - as you've now come to realize.

I don't know. Maybe she'll be nice and take it back if you ask. It's up to you. She can either say yes or no, right?

Either way, good luck!

Purple Text

Apr 9, 2008
Forgive me for being blunt, but right in the auction it states that the wallet is "by" perlina. Why should the seller go through the headache of waiting for the set to come back and relisting and all that other assorted crud? I'd just count it as a lesson learned and keep it rather than putting some stranger out like that.

ITA. I would feel bad asking the seller to go through that much trouble for something that was clearly MY error.

Apr 2, 2008
have you heard back from the seller?

im with the others on this. i highly doubt the seller would agree to any refund. its not as if she misrepresented anything and if i were the seller, i know i probably wouldnt get the price it sold for the second time around. i would just pass it off as a loss if i were you.

i have gotten things from ebay that were way less than what i expected but it was no fault of the seller so i left it alone.