I'm 5"9...Do I get Amethyst City or Work????

Jan 6, 2008
So I have both sizes of balenciaga bags but now I am torn as whether or not I should get the Amethyst in Giant Silver Hardware in the City or Work. Is the work too big for an everyday bag and to go out for a diner or anything?? Help!!

before i got my amethyst city, i tot that it would be too small too. but really, its big enough and it already has quite a weight by itself. i think a city is a better choice than work which seems a little too big for an everyday bag or dinner.

I say City. They'd both be beautiful, but the Work seems a bit too big for a night out. I don't think you're too tall for the City at all. Will it fit all that you need to carry?

Yes, it will fit all that I need to carry and I do enjoy the city, but I also like how the Amethyst looks in a Work because it's such a bold, beautiful colour and I do tend to like bigger bags in certain styles....but my biggest reservation is when I want to carry it out to a nicer diner or sporting event because I go to a lot of those. Hmmmff....such a hard decision:P

Even though this goes against what the majority has been suggesting so far, I say you go for the Amethyst Work w/GSH. I just got my first Work w/GH and at first had many reservations about the size being too big. However, after carrying it around for the last couple of weeks, I would totally take it out for dinner/running errands. Also, I tend to prefer GH on larger bags like the Work and PT more than on the City...I think the GH looks too "busy" on this smaller size. Anyway, that's my 2 cents!;)

Does the shoulder strap matter to you? If you need it, then you should get a City. I'm 5'8" and a City is plenty big for me, especially since I don't carry very much in my purses. :yes:

Well I am really going to go against the majority, because I would suggest the Amethyste City with giant covered hardware and perforated leather. It is drop dead gorgeous and I have this bag. I also have the Amethyste Day with GCH and Perf. leather. I am not a tiny gal but rather a medium boned 5'5" gal and I don't like the work as it is too big for me. It makes me look bigger.

I don't want the Work because i need the room I just like bigger bags and I LOVE the giant silver hardware, but I too feel like it can look a little busy on the City size. Ah so much to consider. Really appreciating everyone's thoughts and suggestions though!!! Keep em comin...TIA

The part time might be harder to come by, but it seems like the perfect compromise. I'm 5'10" and find the part time to be the perfect size for my height and all my stuff. If you can only find a city or work, then I would go for the work. It might be a little big, but you are tall and the last thing you want is a bag you don't use because it doesn't fit all your stuff!

I think emxown right. Divnanata just bought a PT and she's 6 feet tall. I saw it on her and had to have one and I'm 5 foot 7. For taller girls the City seems too small??? JMHO.