Home & Garden IKEA lovers thread!

Hi Fabulosity! I love the MALM line, I almost got the MALM dressing table but it was too long for my dressing room. We got the HOPEN 8 drawer dresser for my SO's clothes in our bedroom & it looks very nice. In the family room we bought the BESTA unit for our flat screen in dark brown which goes with our other FR furniture well. I just remembered we got our kitchen cabinets from IKEA, duh! They are gorgeous....I might have to take some pics later ;)

Its so much fun going into IKEA now! The very first time we went we were completely over whelmed. It felt like one of those corn maizes we couldn't escape, and didn't know the time needed to really explore the store. Now we know! I can find anything easy now since I've been at least 20 times in the last 1 1/2.

Thanks lakeshow! I got really lucky on the mirrored furniture at Home Goods. The prices are great and the the sales person told me those items normally sell out the same day. I keep all my makeup junk in there :graucho:

This is what I love about it! I love that its long and slim. It fits perfectly along the wall in my bedroom without being bulky and taking up space. And the drawer is great for all my makeup (the little I have) and hair stuff.
I love mirrored furniture but always worry about keeping it clean. My place gets so dusty!

OK, just took some pics of the IKEA kitchen cabinets we got in Spring of '10. The integrated dishwasher is from there too, but its hard to tell because it just looks like a cabinet. GREAT prices, on sale too, awesome quality, and available immediately (unless out of stock) which is a major bonus when renovating a house!

Very nice! and I love the color!

i'm flying into baltimore for xmas vacation. originally i was getting in around 1 pm and our dinner reservation for a restaurant in baltimore is at 6 i think - so my parents asked what i wanted to do before going to dinner. i said i was pretty sure there was an ikea there and we could go waste time there :biggrin:
now i'm not suppose to get in till 4, which will probably be delayed since it will be winter so i'm not sure if i'll get my ikea trip :sad:

I love Ikea ! However, I loathe buying furniture from them. It just doesn't stand the test of time or my toddler ! What I do love from them are their lighting (very good !), bedding and curtains. Fortunately (or unfortunately to my pocket !), Ikea is just 10 mins away from where I live.

i want this bed set sooooooooooo bad
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40206971/

2r432pl.jpg

I'm so much better IRL than in photos!!!

This will be my next IKEA purchases:

EMELINA KNOPP duvet set
emelinaknoppcopripiumin.jpg

And matching FABRINA bedspread
fabrinacopriletto011399.jpg

(image credit: IKEA website).

Also, I so so so want this duvet set - Cath Kidston for IKEA. Name is Rosali in the white/pink/green colorway.

4444444444444444444444x.jpg

(image credit: ebay seller)

It's now discontinued so my only chance is Ebay UK - I don't remember seeing this collection at my local IKEA but I might be wrong.

OK, just took some pics of the IKEA kitchen cabinets we got in Spring of '10. The integrated dishwasher is from there too, but its hard to tell because it just looks like a cabinet. GREAT prices, on sale too, awesome quality, and available immediately (unless out of stock) which is a major bonus when renovating a house!

Lovely kitchen!

I love Ikea ! However, I loathe buying furniture from them. It just doesn't stand the test of time or my toddler ! What I do love from them are their lighting (very good !), bedding and curtains. Fortunately (or unfortunately to my pocket !), Ikea is just 10 mins away from where I live.

Same here! :sweatdrop:

i'm flying into baltimore for xmas vacation. originally i was getting in around 1 pm and our dinner reservation for a restaurant in baltimore is at 6 i think - so my parents asked what i wanted to do before going to dinner. i said i was pretty sure there was an ikea there and we could go waste time there :biggrin:
now i'm not suppose to get in till 4, which will probably be delayed since it will be winter so i'm not sure if i'll get my ikea trip :sad:

I go to the White Marsh store :biggrin:

True! You need to leave it where you place it, not good to be moving it all the time.

I think everything looks better in IKEA than it does at home! :lol: Of course everything is professionally laid out and is put together perfectly. Definitely there are some things that are more solid or durable than others. The dresser we bought is good, but the kitchen cabinets are the best quality of everything we purchased. I'm going out on a limb and say that IKEA furniture is not Heirloom quality or something that will be passed down from generation to generation :P

Its good for filler furniture, display items, or when you don't want to (or can't) spend $$$ on decor. I like mixing up my furniture, but honestly I'm not really into decorating and keep things simple. I'm much more interested in building, renovating, and interior design.