Ikea Billy Bookcase Question / Shoe & Purse Storage

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I'm sure some of you must have the Ikea Billy bookcase for displaying all the goodies :smile: I'm now thinking of getting my own but have some issues I might run into fitting it into a space.

Can anyone that has the IKEA Billy bookcase help me out with some measurements (that are not on their website)?
    I'm specifically looking at this one, but its probably the same across any of the Billy bookcase series: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59182201/

Ideally, I would like to get the measurements of the part highlighted in blue here but I know not everyone has the tall 93.25 inch Billy bookcase with evenly spaced shelves. I'm looking for the measurement for at least the part highlighted in red -- the bottom section vertical height which includes the height of the very first bottom "shelf":
    [​IMG]

I don't live anywhere near an Ikea (and their customer service line is not willing to measure on the floor) so if I can get any help here it would be so much appreciated!!! :heart::flowers::heart:

2. I don't have Billy in this size, but I believe you can move the shelves, they are not fixed.