IGNES - who in the US is interested in the ostrich leather

airedale3

Apr 26, 2008
Ignacio said they were working on getting the required paperwork to be able to sell the ostrich leather bags in the US. Who all is interested in them? I love the look of the ostrich and have been looking at the pictures of the leather samples. I love the red, but really don't think I need 3 red bags. I would love an ostrich bag in the whiskey color. I think it would go with everything. I think I would also like it in the mini ormala. I would love to see some pictures of it in each of the styles of handbags. Has anyone seen a picture?

i like the ostrich leather too! i think i've seen Ignes bags in ostrich for Veronica (in pictures), which is really beautiful.

Hmm, now that you've mentioned it, i think it would be great to have a mini ormala in ostrich leather, especially in beigh or light grey......:love:

You'll have to check with Ignacio, although the South American Ostrich/Rhea leather is thin and soft, and suitable for clutches. newbaglover ordered this in a larger bag (Mini Sofia, I believe?) where this leather will be reinforced ~ and, this particular style is categorized as a "non-structured" design.

As the Mini Ormala is categorized as a "structured" design (so too with the Francis, Virginia, Cecilia), please check with Ignacio about using a leather this thin and soft.

Please note that the South American Ostrich/Rhea is distinctly different than African Ostrich: African Ostrich is larger with thicker leather and quills spaced much closer together than the South American Ostrich/Rhea. The South American Ostrich/Rhea is a much smaller bird with thinner leather and the quills are spread much further apart.

Yes, i am having a miniormala in black ostrich. Dsrk is rigth, is not african ostrich, but south american ostrich who is called Ñandu. Is a thinner leather, resistant, soft and pliable. My miniormala is the first big bag in this ñandu leather, Ignacio has told me is one of the causes of the retard in my purchase, It was the first time and they want to give a well made bag. they are going to reinforce all the bag ( not just panels) with another leather. I am also having a veronica max in chocolate ñandu leather, but this is not a problem because is a clutch ( a big clutch) and they had made this one before.
When I receive them I will post a lot of pics and answer any question you want, ok?

I can't do it. I have a bird. Would bother me too much.
(Make no mistake though- my cockatiel loves to eat chicken, eggs, and turkey)
Looking at bird skin though.... would bother me, even if I like the look- ya know?

Thanks, dsrk. I guess my dreams got ahead of reality. I had it pictured in my head and it was beautiful! But there are about 20 other leathers that I would be interested in anyway. I just don't like clutches. I would lose it for sure.

This leather is a by-product of the meat industry in Uruguay, and Ignes is a socially responsible company. So, these birds will be consumed and their skins available, whether or not the tanneries use them.

I had a Congo African Grey and a Blue & Gold Macaw for years, as well as parakeets and lovebirds when I was a kid, so I too am a birdlover!! Nonetheless, I totally dig my African Ostrich boots (I have four pairs) ~ they so ROCK!!! :love:

I can't do it. I have a bird. Would bother me too much.
(Make no mistake though- my cockatiel loves to eat chicken, eggs, and turkey)
Looking at bird skin though.... would bother me, even if I like the look- ya know?

This leather is a by-product of the meat industry in Uruguay, and Ignes is a socially responsible company. So, these birds will be consumed and their skins available, whether or not the tanneries use them.

I understand how duranie feels, we each have our own comfort levels, but I really love the socially responsible aspect of Ignes. I can blame those ostrich and meat eaters and not feel too guilty about all these handbags. Nay, it's my duty to buy even more Ignes!!! Waste not, want not! :P

uh, I just want more handbags.

I don't like the small quills. If they bring in bigger quill pieces, I would be interested. While I understand it is the breed of ostrich they are using, smaller quills are associated with cheaper/lower quality in the states.

What happened to the stingray? I thought they were going to be looking into that.

Anyone up for eel? People have to be eating it somewhere so it could be by-product.

Any crocodile eaters out there?

YES, YES, YES, I am interested in the ostrich leather. My only hold back would be if it would only work for a clutch...just not a clutch kinda gal except when out more formally. Being in California, formal is an oxymoron.

BTW am I the only one who sees humor in comparing Ignes handbags to Hot Dogs....both made with animal byproducts?:rolleyes:

lionlaw, I only heard about the stingray from you and forgot to ask Ignacio anything about it, as I want it, but not with the white elliptical thingy. I want to know if his skins will have it, because if they do, I'll pass. I also want to know about color choices.

Yeah, I would :love: eelskin, and I am an eel eater!!! :drool: Only at fine Japanese restaurants if the eel is really fresh and prepared properly. :tup:

I used to feed our dogs an occasional treat of cooked ground ostrich. They loved it!!! It was a bit too gamey for my taste.

frangelica, Ignes, hotdogs, and animal by-products!!! :roflmfao: