ignes grey 029.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 48
  • ignes grey 030.JPG
    ignes grey 030.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 52
  • ignes grey 031.JPG
    ignes grey 031.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 60
Perfect handbag but that zipper closure not made in dark grey looks - homemade and I ran out of grey so used white? They used dark purple on my Gabrielle so I don't get it. My dark brown Francis has a white zipper- I figured cause I bought it from the sample sale.

Duranie, it is really pretty! It looks so nice on you! That grey leather is so pretty- grey is becoming such a favorite of mine.

I don't mind the zipper so much, but I see the concern. Maybe because it was contrast stitching? I think if it really bothered you, you could send it back and ask for a new zipper. Or, if you didn't want to wait, could a cobbler/leather repair but in a new zipper that was gray?

Yay duranie! Looks great on you!

Sorry you are not happy with the white zipper. I completely agree with elizat that it could be because of the contrast stitching. And that if it's going to be a problem you should send it back and have a new one put in. I personally would have Ignes do it.

In my mind it is official: the Mini Chiara is a perfect size bag. :yes:

Perfect handbag but that zipper closure not made in dark grey looks - homemade and I ran out of grey so used white? They used dark purple on my Gabrielle so I don't get it. My dark brown Francis has a white zipper- I figured cause I bought it from the sample sale.

Could it be because of the contrast stitching? Maybe he thought it would go with the theme?

The zipper looks really off to me, but I am not into contrast stitching so anything like that drives me bonkers. If it bothers you, I would email Ignacio and see what he says. I hope it gets sorted out for you!

BUT- it is a gorgeous bag! I love this leather in the chiara. really pretty.

Duranie, she's so pretty! I am drooling! I love how you look with both the messenger strap and the shoulder straps.

I agree with everyone else re: the zipper. I can imagine it being the type of thing that would drive me crazy, too. In principle, I feel like you should send it back to have it changed, but elizat's idea about the cobbler is a great one and would be my choice. I'll let you know if my tinted chocolate mini-C arrives with a white zipper (after I stop hyperventilating, that is...)

She looks great on you!

Duranie, it looks fantastic! excellent photos - they give a good sense of the size which IMO is perfect! enjoy!

i hope you find the right resolution for the zipper, whether you decided you like it or to change it up. i would have never thought of a cobbler, that is a great idea.

Ignacio wrote back that since I wanted the light stiching, he thought I'd want a ligt grey zipper and its his fault - if I want I can send it back and he'll make a new bag w/ a black zipper.
So ofcourse now I feel bad and don't want them out the $$ to make a new bag. Yet, I'm not made of $$- the $295 is a lot to me. Ugh. Do not know what to do now.

Thank you all for the compliments!
Just makes it so I do not want to order anymore Ignes bags w/ zippers- maybe a Sophia or Ormala will be next?

Last edited:
^ Can't he just replace the zipper? I know that you can take leather jackets and even bags in to have a broken zipper replaced.

I'd feel bad about a whole new bag too, but it is your money. On the other hand, I am confused as to why they can't just do a zipper replacement. If it was me, I'd ask that and also check w/ a local leather repair shop too b/c the cost of shipment might be more than the switch.

I think that you should send it back, duranie. I'm sure Ignes would want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. Personally, I would prefer the dark zipper so if I was in your position, I would accept Ignacio's offer to replace it.

Other than that, the bag is gorgeous!! The colour looks fantastic.