IGNES in particular - Gray or Navy in general - Which color is more useful?

airedale3

Apr 26, 2008
I am trying to decide which of these colors would be the best to have. I don't have either color of bag now, so I am not sure how often I would use either of them. I love them both from the pictures I have seen and need some advice, please!

The gray patent is gorgeous, I can attest from the Look Book that's been passed through the Ignes group but...I find that gray is not a color for me, gray in general. Were you looking for patent? If so, it is VERY pretty.

I think the navy would be more versatile. Here is a picture of, I believe, Lionlaw's sofia. Ignacio recommended that color for me. Of course I haven't decided yet either!

Attachments

• Sofia_-_Heather_3.jpg
    Sofia_-_Heather_3.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 71
I love the gray patent and the charcoal nappa and the navy leather. It is a huge decision for me. I have never owned a gray or navy bag. Until tPF, I had black and brown. So, I am having a hard time deciding which color would be more useful. I wear all colors, so I want a good neutral.

I think it depends in your wardrobe prevalent colour, If it is jeans, black and grey I will go for gray. If you have more browns I would go for nay instead. Both colours are gorgeous.

I happen to adore the dark grey patent leather I've seen and want to order ANYthing in that color. I only wear some denim and have one navy suit, so grey is more versatile than navy would be...my 2 cents.

Good luck! It's a fun decision!

I think it's personal preference: which color will work best in your wardrobe and what looks best on you.

I do love the way navy looks, but I prefer the way grey looks on me and have much more of it in my wardrobe. I do have a patent grey Botkier clutch that I adore, so perhaps I am biased.

Finally, I have read allover the place and seen that navy is the new black this FW season. Good luck with your decision!

I am trying to decide which of these colors would be the best to have. I don't have either color of bag now, so I am not sure how often I would use either of them. I love them both from the pictures I have seen and need some advice, please!

Hi: I have both grey and navy bags and think the answer really depends on you. If your wardrobe has a lot of colors navy wouldn't go with, then go with grey since it can be worn with anything. I wear a lot of black suits and don't like to carry navy bags if I am wearing black.

Just be aware that the Charcoal in #269 is like my earlier purple cowhide bag and will show wear fast and very easily. I actually contemplated this color, but Ignacio told me not too based on my earlier dislike of the purple leather. I would recommend the more stable dark grey like I ordered my chiara in or the grey patent. My navy sofia is the one pictured here and is scratch-resistant too.