IGNES: Anyone interested in suede Ignes bags??!

Euridice

Sichuan
O.G.
Aug 22, 2008
Hi, Lionlaw and I were wondering if Ignes would ever consider doing suede bags. So, I was nominated to write to Ignacio.

It is a possibility!!!!!

I thought I would, similar to the ostrich thread, see if others here would be interested, and then give feedback to Ignacio. Here is what he said:

"Regarding your question below, about purses in suede, we have thought about it indeed. However, we would have to use a different type of suede than the one we currently use for lining. The one we use currently is from calfskin; we would have to use suede from cowhide, which would be thicker and sturdier. It wouldn't be as soft, but I've seen some samples of it which looked nice. I don't think we will introduce suede bags in the next few months (because the tannery that makes cowhide suede requires a large minimum order from us), but it's a possibility for later on."

Anyone else interested in this future possibility?? If so, it might be good to keep the idea Ignes's front burner so to speak!! Chime in, please!!

Me me me! But budget doesn't allow for many bags, maybe 3/year, so I'm not much help in the large orders of suede department. I would totally dig a small (soft lining suede) pouch.

Suede anything is so luxurious! However, I'm afraid that I'm not very good at maintaining the leather. Sadly, I will have to pass on a suede bag but I'll certainly be admiring all of your purchases!

I think it would be really cool to have some with suede and regular leather together! I think it would depend on the bag and the suede for me to make a decision. Let's face it, I haven't been carrying a bag often enough to make it to where suede would be a problem!

I love the look of suede but manage to ruin it every time. :sad: So no, I don't think I will ever do another suede bag but I'd certainly support you all in your effort and admire your bags from afar. :smile:

Linda

I love the look of suede bags, but I've proven to myself time and time again I should not own one. I can't keep them nice to save my life. I'd consider a pouch for in my bag though.

Mmmm interesting thought... never owned a suede bag - I think I would need to see the design on the site, but as it's Ignes, could totally be persuaded.

Yes suede does not wear well even if you are careful. I had a suede LV bag in chocolate which I sold at a consignment shop. After about 1 year, it still looked ok but you could see it was wearing so I just sold it to fund another bag.

No suede for me.

Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever had a suede bag....lots of suede shoes which I love (and work better for my feet) and maybe jackets or vests. I like the idea of suede + leather, definitely. MAybe leather trim would help the wear problem.