Iformation... How to know if your coach is fake

shiashell79

Bags+More bags=bliss
Nov 24, 2008
I am not sure if this would be the correct place topost this but I found this information on the web and thought I would share it with you all. If I posted this in the wrong spot I am sorry Baglady39 I understand if it gets moved. I am sure we may already know this info but for those new to coach this might be helpful. just click the link below it will direct you to other designers as well.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2044771_identify-authentic-coach-handbag.html

There are exceptions to nearly every "rule" and Coach is not always consistent. The information in step #1 in the guide is not entirely correct. There are bags where the C's are cut off. I have seen many authentic bags where the C's are not quite symmetrical along the bottoms, seams, or edges. The bottoms of the Signature Carlys are one example.

We all need to be careful about stuff we read on online "guides to authenticating Coach." Those of us in Authenticate This have cautioned against relying on these guides since many of the guides are either out-of-date, incomplete, or have wrong information.

There is a wealth of information in the http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/answers-to-authenticity-questions-94198.html thread and especially check out the informative posts by Hyacinth.

Indeed, some guides can be nice as starting points but not everything applies to every bag. If you find something that raises red flags for you, you can make sure to have it checked out in the authenticate thread. Just note that any guide like that should be taken with a grain of salt so we don't start accusing people of having/selling fake bags when they're legit.

Last edited:
There are exceptions to nearly every "rule" and Coach is not always consistent. The information in step #1 in the guide is not entirely correct. There are bags where the C's are cut off. I have seen many authentic bags where the C's are not quite symmetrical along the bottoms, seams, or edges. The bottoms of the Signature Carlys are one example.

We all need to be careful about stuff we read on online "guides to authenticating Coach." Those of us in Authenticate This have cautioned against relying on these guides since many of the guides are either out-of-date, incomplete, or have wrong information.

There is a wealth of information in the http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/answers-to-authenticity-questions-94198.html thread and especially check out the informative posts by Hyacinth.

I agree with you on the C's not all being perfectly lined up or cut off. I personally do not have any questions about Authenticity I can spot a fake a mile away and especially if I touch the bag I really can tell the difference. No mater what extremes they go to to make it look real, the real bag feels different. I just thought that this would be a good reference point. So Sorry if this not helpful to any one. This popped up when I was looking for Coach bags online I just thought it would be nice to share