If you're *really* on a ban... come here and hang out with me!

Don't worry about letting a PCE go by...I let the last two go by without buying anything and still got a card this time. I bought a few bags this time b/c they are ones I've really loved and didn't think they'd be around for order later in the year. I envision myself keeping them for years to come.

One thing I've learned after having Coach bags for a few years is that there's ALWAYS a great bag in the future, so don't worry about sitting out for awhile.

In fact, sometimes it feels good to pare down, sell some on eBay and keep the few that your really love. You enjoy them more, at times, when you aren't overwhelmed by too many choices.

I see this with my kids, too...when they have too many of something, it loses its magic in a way. It's why I make my daughter work so hard before getting a Webkinz! It isn't the 12 bucks for the animal; it's how long she'll love it after she gets it. I want her to really savor it.

I feel like this with my bags, too! I have a few wonderful bags that I can envision using often. Doesn' mean I won't go bonkers and buy a few more in the future but I'm trying to protect my own 'magic,' too!

You're doing great with this thread. Definitely should be a sticky!

Yeah.
I suppose to be on a ban until January 2009!!!:nuts:
I've done VERY well for the last month, but I've broken down a few times........
I need to stick to this ban and prove my husband wrong!
I'm in....after I check out TJ Max, Marshall's and The Nordstrom Rack during lunch today. Seriously.

Whoohoo, go addicted!! I'm really impressed with your resolve!

I'm on a ban too, I'm feeling sorta guilty about all of my handbag purchases of the last six months. Especially when I still have some silly balances hanging out on my credit cards. I want to pay off all of my little balances before I even think about another purse. I may even sell a few I have, I just feel, I dunno, decadent I guess. Like when I look inside my Turquoise Ergo and all of my accessories are Coach or LV, I just keep thinking, "that's a lot of money to have inside a purse!" I've got to cut down and slim down my collection a bit so I feel better about myself. New purchases are making me feel sort of icky.

Whoohoo, go addicted!! I'm really impressed with your resolve!

I've got to cut down and slim down my collection a bit so I feel better about myself. New purchases are making me feel sort of icky.

I've been there, too, when I've bought too much and felt worse, not better. Sometimes less reallly is more...

I'm definitely on a strict ban....It was supposed to be until mid-July, but now that I'm getting married I'm extending it until after the wedding (November). I want the Turquoise Ergo Tote SO BADLY, but maybe I'll get lucky and find it at an outlet after my ban's over. :crybaby:

I feel your pain. I think I've gotten to the point where I'm content with my bags. Off topic: I only have 2 things left on my want list and (really only one is gotta have) and I can't find them anywhere =( If I could just buy them and get it over with that would make things so much better. It's causing me stress.

Back on topic, I have an exchange (I got a scratched up Mandy going to exchange her for another) an a return to do. After that's all taken care of I'm going to worry about replenishing my savings and paying bills instead of purse shopping =)

I like this purse haven/safe room idea. Good thread!

PyAri: What are the two things you're looking for? Just nosey! LOL! I am hoping that I can be satisfied now for a while. I've got all the basic needs covered. And I love this hobo so much that I don't really want to carry anything else. I'm glad there are some others here that can offer support though when I become tempted! LOL! I am going to purchase that candy key fob today though!

Well... I believe I will be hanging out in this thread after this weekend is over!! I am debating a Parchment Carly... but I'm not sure I *really* need/want it... so I might just let this PCE pass - we'll see what I end up coming out of the store with tomorrow!! :P There are a few bags coming out in August that I DO want to save up for...

Other then that... I am switching out a few of my bbags and selling a MJ hobo that I've never used, and I am really wanting to get to a point where I am "content" for a while.... Plus, if you see my current siggy, I need to quit focusing on bags & shoes and work on getting the downstairs of my house in order!! Considering I will start to have people over more often for graduate school projects... (I have fairly decent size areas to work & my house is close to campus... so my house has become our "default" location!!)

So bring on the "self-imposed" ban!! (Starting after this weekend! ) Its been needed for a while!! :tup:

I've been going through my closet and have decided to get rid of some that I really don't use, or aren't as functional as I thought they would be. I've decided I need to make a bag and wallet list of what I want, what I need, and what I have. I realized I don't have a large zip tote that I love, and I do NEED one. But, I have some other totes that I don't love, or don't zip up, so those will go. I thought I would love my patchwork satchel (last year's khaki with the purple). I actually really don't like using the bag. I like it's shallow so easy to find stuff, but really, the shape makes it hard to even fit my watercolor beauty case and Hamptons checkbook wallet!

I have couple LV items I would like, so I think as I make this list of the items I REALLY want and to round out my bag/wallet collection in a way that is cute and functional, I will end up selling quite a few items, get the ones I want instead, and then be on a ban for a really long time.

I need to ban myself...I went crazy lately with all these sales and now PCE...but, I'm being good. I'm gettin my mom to spend her money on herself for PCE vs me getting things I DO NOT NEED! But really really want.

Just gotta keep thinking...saving for a condo...saving for a condo...saving for a condo...LOL!!!

I will be heading to the outlet next weekend (I will be childless for 4 days...its expected!). I'm looking for a planner, wallet and scarves. After that I will be on a ban til my birthday in December.