If you’re not buying Chanel, what’s your 2nd choice….

I have to disagree about the quality of Dior. I had a large dior bobby that has the fabric strap. The strap started unraveling within a month, and dior told me it was normal wear and tear. Not so, I treat my bags carefully, and it was a box bag that had no scratches at all. I won't purchase anything from dior again.
Oh, no! That is a huge bummer. I would call or check in with another SA because I can't believe a strap unraveling is normal wear and tear.
I have looked at several styles including the Bobby, a chain pouch and the Caro but have only purchased Lady Diors. And they are still in pristine condition with moderate use.

Good to know about the Dior Bobby. I've been thinking about buying one, but I'll make sure to get a leather strap if I do.

I tend to gravitate toward Gucci because it's cheap and they have cute designs, but the resale value is horrible. I love my Celine and Prada bags. Very simplistic and durable. I love my Fendi Peekaboo for work.

I want to love Hermes. The Kelly is more my style, but honestly I like the Delvaux Tempete more. I absolutely love my Tempete and I think the quality rivals Hermes.

I have a bag from most of the designers and each serve a purpose.

Last edited:
Good to know about the Dior Bobby. I've been thinking about buying one, but I'll make sure to get a leather strap if I do.

I tend to gravitate toward Gucci because it's cheap and they have cute designs, but the resale value is horrible. I love my Celine and Prada bags. Very simplistic and durable. I love my Fendi Peekaboo for work.

I want to love Hermes. The Kelly is more my style, but honestly I like the Delvaux Tempete more. I absolutely love my Tempete and I think the quality rivals Hermes.

I have a bag from most of the designers and each serve a purpose.
I have been eyeing the Delvaux Tempete! It looks so classy! How is the wear and tear?

Reactions: troethke