If you're female and 40 or above, pls look here.

viewwing

i luv bags
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
Hi everyone. I'm in my mid 30s and would like to plan my purchases so that I'd still use them after 40. These are what I have in my collection now. Please tell me if there are any from the list you wouldn't carry past the age of 40?

Mono stresa pm
Epi ivorie speedy 25
Azure speedy 25
Idylle speedy fusain 30
Azure Eva
Vernis wilshire mm amarante
Vernis alma bb beige Poudre
Epi electric alma bb noir

If it matters at all, I'm only 4'11. If you think there's a bag I absolutely need to have when I'm above 40, pls share! :biggrin:

I am not 40+ but I totally see what you mean about wanting to have purses that are age appropriate and bags that are timeless. However, when worn right, I think you can pull off a LV at any age. I once saw a lady who was probably in her late 60s with a bright orange alma pm and she looked fabulous.

LoVeinLA said:
I am not 40+ but I totally see what you mean about wanting to have purses that are age appropriate and bags that are timeless. However, when worn right, I think you can pull off a LV at any age. I once saw a lady who was probably in her late 60s with a bright orange alma pm and she looked fabulous.

I agree...well said :smile:

Ahh! Interesting, I am trying to have a mental image. What was she wearing with the orange alma?

Well said. I think which bags you choose to get and manage to pull off (at any age) in the end has to do with your personal taste and preference, but I would probably not wear bags that are too girlie.. But which are they? Maybe avoid pinks? On the other hand, I could see that an elderly woman can perfectly pull off like the new soft, light pink vernis Alma - so again - what you choose to wear has more to do with your style and looks etc. not so much the bag. And some people choose to look young and stylish the whole of their lives. Just dress age appropriate and not as a teenager and you can pull off any LV bag really IMO.

I'm well into my 40's and there isn't a bag on your list I wouldn't proudly carry :smile:

I know women older than I am who still rock the MC line... It's really all about being confident in your own personal style, at any age. LV is timeless.

I'm well into my 40's and there isn't a bag on your list I wouldn't proudly carry :smile:

I know women older than I am who still rock the MC line... It's really all about being confident in your own personal style, at any age. LV is timeless.

Thanks for your response. I enjoy reading you on tpf cos u always seem so mature n level headed. Haha! I rem some of our previous conversations re down sizing of collections and buying the azure Eva n chanel wallet on chain etc. :biggrin:

I totally understand with wanting to carry a bag that is "age appropriate" but all of your bag seems wearable for those over 40. I recommend you keep them. You have a beautiful collection!

i'm 48(!) and i wear what i want.. when i want!! i'm past the age where it matters what people think!!:P as long as your confident in your outfit you can ROCK anything!!!;)