If You're Considering an Embroidered Audrey...

Apr 24, 2008
Just got the embroidered Audrey that I ordered with the PCE. I had some initial doubts about the color (antique rose), but I love the Audrey style and the embroidery made it different. Well, now the color is growing on me...I think it'll be perfect for spring! The problem is the embroidery is starting to fray already after only one use...and I'm very gentle with my bags. Should I just snip off the fraying thread?

It doesn't bother me so much...just wanted to share this observation.

Attachments

• DSCF2008.jpg
    DSCF2008.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 391
Hmmm..
I would email coach with that picture, and ask their suggestion. That way, you've covered your fanny, and have the info request documented(should it get worse).
There are things one could suggest to prevent it from fraying(ie dab of glue etc), however, that would mess with coach's guarantee.
It is a gorgeous bag :smile:
good luck!

Last edited:
It's so beautiful!

I would call your SA at the FP store. Let them know what is going on. IF they can order you a new one and do a damanged-out exchanged, go that route. But either way, I'd consult Coach before doing anything yourself!

That was big fear about this bag, I had been thinking about ordering one but wanted to see it in person for this reason. So sorry this has happenned to you since you love the bag so much especially

It's so beautiful!

I would call your SA at the FP store. Let them know what is going on. IF they can order you a new one and do a damanged-out exchanged, go that route. But either way, I'd consult Coach before doing anything yourself!

I think you're right, thank you! I'm glad I haven't tried to fix it myself yet. I'll try to contact the two SA's that helped me and ask them what to do. They're super nice...even sent me a handwritten thank you note for my order!

Just got the embroidered Audrey that I ordered with the PCE. I had some initial doubts about the color (antique rose), but I love the Audrey style and the embroidery made it different. Well, now the color is growing on me...I think it'll be perfect for spring! The problem is the embroidery is starting to fray already after only one use...and I'm very gentle with my bags. Should I just snip off the fraying thread?

It doesn't bother me so much...just wanted to share this observation.
I hope you got the bag fixed . I ordered this in eggshell for the PCE and the champagne wristlet. I thought it would be gorgeous for summer and spring. Did they honor it and fix it and do you think it is fragile. I am nervous now...let me know. Thanks!!

I noticed that the seams on my AR Audrey are pretty fragile-looking so I am planning on bringing it back to the boutique.

I really wanted to like this bag, it was my first Coach in a year or two but I do not think they should be charging upwards of 500 retail for such a flaw/defect-prone style.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've been carrying my embroidered Maggie for a week now with absolutely no problems with fraying. Just wondering if it was an isolated case or not.