If your house was on fire...................

Wahhh!! I'd grab my biggest bag and dump all my CLs (especially both my VPs, yoyos and pigalles) from my shoe closet in!! I hope I can do it within 10 seconds though or I'd be buried together with my CLs :roflmfao:

All my CL shoeboxes are stacked on top of a bookcase, so I would just grab the whole stack and run like heck. If I had to pick one, I would pick either my nude patent yoyos (wedding shoes), my black VPs, or my brown VPs. Oh gosh I dont know! I would just tie a pair to my dog and let him run out with a pair too!

This thread makes me want to re-evaluate an escape route for my CL's in case there is a fire. I think I'm going to leave a couple huge trash bags next to them so I can quickly throw them in there and run! There is no way I'm leaving any of them behind!

I agree about the escape route. Don't forget the 72 hour survival kit (that includes food, water, medications, batteries) you have to have handy. I keep a whole bunch of empty shopping bags in my closet so I can dump some boxes in there and carry them out.

Same here! Save the Chanels and my dogs (although they would have probably sensed it and made a dash for it already)! My CLs are in the same place too so I think if the fire was at the back of the house I would have time to save everything! Keeping in mind that I would probably have to dump them all on the lawn and run back to grab some more.

I know. I think if it was safe I would try to go back in and save more.

omg omg omg...just one?? What if you're wearing a pair at the time of the fire, does that mean you get to rescure two pairs? :P

I like the way you think!

brilliant!!! that's such a good idea! omg. i feel a sudden need to keep them somewhere like one of those big fireproof safes people use for legal documents and such . . . hey that's not a bad idea . . . . :idea:

Make sure they are truly fire/heat proof. I remember seeing something on the news where they showed the homeowners of last year's Malibu fire and they trusted their safes were fireproof, but they were not. People's documents, photos, VHs tapes and CDs melted.

Ive actually thought alot about this, bc i am neurotic. My plan has alwasy been to start throwing my shoes and bags out the window as many as i could before getting out