If you were to make a shoe "investment" which shoes/boots would you choose?

chloegirl

Shopping Addict
Mar 1, 2006
I'm definitely addicted to shoes, but lately I've been making too many frivolous purchases. I need to cut back on wasting money on shoes that are going to be given to the Salvation Army in a year. I think I need to start making smart choices on shoes I will get the most use out of. I don't mind spending a lot on shoes as long as I'll get my money's worth. If you were to pick that one pair of shoes or boots, what would it be?

i guess it all depends : work, going out, winter , summer etc.

i think for basic needs: that are investment shoes

1. flats - love Lanvin and miu miu . chanel are nice but don't have one yet

2. Boots

OTK - gucci, weitzman, YSL, louboutin if on sale otherwise, it will be $ 2000 plus
booties: louboutin, YSL are my favorites

3. Sandals - YSL tributes , balenciaga are also nice
4. Platform pump - louboutin so many styles to choose from.. you should check other TPFers collection
YSL tribtoo
Brian atwood maniac or drama pump

5. over the top out of this world designs: Nicholas kirkwood, Proenza Schouler, Alaia, Rick Owens ( love proenza)

Good luck on your search and let us know!

^I agree with this! :flowers: What type of shoe to invest in really depends on a variety of factors! For boots, I love louboutins, prada/miu miu, Jimmy Choo, YSL, etc... but as mentioned above, they (esp. CLs) can be quite pricey. A simple black knee high pair isn't as bad though... you can get them for under 2K.

Here (black kid simple botta):
http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...BGALRJ84DHJLQkR4&ci_src=14110925&ci_sku=X0KW0

^A very classic simple shape that will never look dated. I personally wouldn't invest so much in thigh high boots or a pair with a lot of details, but that's just me.

If you want a classic, go with most anything sandal, I love YSL Tributes and CL VPs (or NPs - Numero Prives - if you prefer a slingback). The Tributes are quite comfy for the heel height and CL VP (Very Prives) and NPs are classic 4 inch peep toes/peep toe slingbacks with a covered platform.

For pumps, I love the Louboutin simple pumps... or new simple pumps, which are a bit sexier... or Ron Rons. Stuart Weitzman makes similar pumps (and many designers do), for less. I love YSL Tribtoos too, but the 105 heel height (which I own) isn't necessarily the most practical. They also come in a lower heel height.

Let us know what type of shoes (boot, heel, dressy/casual) you'd get the most use out of and maybe we can offer some better suggestions! :flowers:

i own more flipflops than anything but out of my shoes they aren't crazy colors or styles - chanel cambon flats, choo heels and just bought some gucci & prada tall flat black boots but waiting to decide which of those two boots I am returning.

i guess it all depends : work, going out, winter , summer etc.

i think for basic needs: that are investment shoes

1. flats - love Lanvin and miu miu . chanel are nice but don't have one yet

2. Boots

OTK - gucci, weitzman, YSL, louboutin if on sale otherwise, it will be $ 2000 plus
booties: louboutin, YSL are my favorites

3. Sandals - YSL tributes , balenciaga are also nice
4. Platform pump - louboutin so many styles to choose from.. you should check other TPFers collection
YSL tribtoo
Brian atwood maniac or drama pump

5. over the top out of this world designs: Nicholas kirkwood, Proenza Schouler, Alaia, Rick Owens ( love proenza)

Good luck on your search and let us know!

You forgot Camilla Skovgaard!

I know they aren't that expensive compared to some of the others, but I love my Frye boots, and I think I will continue to love them as long as they hold up. The quality is excellent and I always get compliments on them. They are the Paige style.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I must be on the right track because I have several of the shoes mentioned:

CHANEL flats, YSL Tribtoos, FRY boots (Veronica slouch), classic Louboutin sling backs, several Jimmy Choos and Blahniks and 2 pairs of Lauffler Randall Matilde (black and brown)

Shoes I'm considering investing in:

Fiorentini + Baker Eternity boots, YSL Tribute sandals and YSL Tribtoos in Nude patent (if I could find it), and two-toned Chanel flats