If you were to make a shoe "investment" which shoes/boots would you choose?

chloegirl

Shopping Addict
Mar 1, 2006
Los Angeles
I'm definitely addicted to shoes, but lately I've been making too many frivolous purchases. I need to cut back on wasting money on shoes that are going to be given to the Salvation Army in a year. I think I need to start making smart choices on shoes I will get the most use out of. I don't mind spending a lot on shoes as long as I'll get my money's worth. If you were to pick that one pair of shoes or boots, what would it be?

amacasa

O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
i guess it all depends : work, going out, winter , summer etc.

i think for basic needs: that are investment shoes

1. flats - love Lanvin and miu miu . chanel are nice but don't have one yet

2. Boots

OTK - gucci, weitzman, YSL, louboutin if on sale otherwise, it will be $ 2000 plus
booties: louboutin, YSL are my favorites

3. Sandals - YSL tributes , balenciaga are also nice
4. Platform pump - louboutin so many styles to choose from.. you should check other TPFers collection
YSL tribtoo
Brian atwood maniac or drama pump

5. over the top out of this world designs: Nicholas kirkwood, Proenza Schouler, Alaia, Rick Owens ( love proenza)

Good luck on your search and let us know!

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
The city that never sleeps!
^I agree with this! :flowers: What type of shoe to invest in really depends on a variety of factors! For boots, I love louboutins, prada/miu miu, Jimmy Choo, YSL, etc... but as mentioned above, they (esp. CLs) can be quite pricey. A simple black knee high pair isn't as bad though... you can get them for under 2K.

Here (black kid simple botta):
http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...BGALRJ84DHJLQkR4&ci_src=14110925&ci_sku=X0KW0

^A very classic simple shape that will never look dated. I personally wouldn't invest so much in thigh high boots or a pair with a lot of details, but that's just me.

If you want a classic, go with most anything sandal, I love YSL Tributes and CL VPs (or NPs - Numero Prives - if you prefer a slingback). The Tributes are quite comfy for the heel height and CL VP (Very Prives) and NPs are classic 4 inch peep toes/peep toe slingbacks with a covered platform.

For pumps, I love the Louboutin simple pumps... or new simple pumps, which are a bit sexier... or Ron Rons. Stuart Weitzman makes similar pumps (and many designers do), for less. I love YSL Tribtoos too, but the 105 heel height (which I own) isn't necessarily the most practical. They also come in a lower heel height.

Let us know what type of shoes (boot, heel, dressy/casual) you'd get the most use out of and maybe we can offer some better suggestions! :flowers:

beachy10

Mar 11, 2010
Planet Earth
i own more flipflops than anything but out of my shoes they aren't crazy colors or styles - chanel cambon flats, choo heels and just bought some gucci & prada tall flat black boots but waiting to decide which of those two boots I am returning.

Feb 8, 2008
Everything IS bigger in TX!
i guess it all depends : work, going out, winter , summer etc.

i think for basic needs: that are investment shoes

1. flats - love Lanvin and miu miu . chanel are nice but don't have one yet

2. Boots

OTK - gucci, weitzman, YSL, louboutin if on sale otherwise, it will be $ 2000 plus
booties: louboutin, YSL are my favorites

3. Sandals - YSL tributes , balenciaga are also nice
4. Platform pump - louboutin so many styles to choose from.. you should check other TPFers collection
YSL tribtoo
Brian atwood maniac or drama pump

5. over the top out of this world designs: Nicholas kirkwood, Proenza Schouler, Alaia, Rick Owens ( love proenza)

Good luck on your search and let us know!
You forgot Camilla Skovgaard!

Jan 22, 2008
I know they aren't that expensive compared to some of the others, but I love my Frye boots, and I think I will continue to love them as long as they hold up. The quality is excellent and I always get compliments on them. They are the Paige style.

chloegirl

Shopping Addict
Mar 1, 2006
Los Angeles
Thanks for all the suggestions! I must be on the right track because I have several of the shoes mentioned:

CHANEL flats, YSL Tribtoos, FRY boots (Veronica slouch), classic Louboutin sling backs, several Jimmy Choos and Blahniks and 2 pairs of Lauffler Randall Matilde (black and brown)

Shoes I'm considering investing in:

Fiorentini + Baker Eternity boots, YSL Tribute sandals and YSL Tribtoos in Nude patent (if I could find it), and two-toned Chanel flats