If you were going to be (handbag) unfaithful, who would it be with

Midlands lass

In the dark........
Aug 28, 2010
I have been pondering this question as I can't sleep ( stupid jetlag) after reading posts about everyones gorgeous bags in 'the non mulberry purchases' thread and the issues in the 'quality' thread.

I am also pondering new Bella vs Chloe large Marcie hence I am interested in how different brands leathers compare.

I do tend to ponder rather a lot!

Not that I would ever condone adultery but if you were going to choose one brand to pop your non- mulberry cherry with, who would it be and why???

Or would you stay faithful and true to your first love?

To those who have strayed, how does your new love compared to classic mulberry (Darwin, NVT etc)

Last edited:
I went out & bought Miu Miu coffer when I had doubts about Alexa. But in the end I couldnt help myself when I saw a beautiful ink Alexa on sale. Next brand that I could imagine would make me go berserk is Celine. Love the Classic Box with a passion but unless I robbed a bank/won a lottery it would not happen anytime soon.

I'm afraid to stray. I'm bad enough as it is with Mulberry!

But of all the other bag reveals that I've seen the ones that would make me contemplate straying are a medium red Chloe Marcie and TP's Lanvin Happy.

Definately Chloe. I've tried other brands over the years, gucci, prada, balenciaga and Chloe. I never really liked the paddingtons due to their weight but the newer models are exceptional, the leather is just gorgeous

I've had an affair a few times with bags from Anya Hindmarch... beautiful bags, leathers and attention to detail. Small things like where the pockets are placed, key holders in the handbags etc, she's a woman who designs with women in mind... there's always a pocket haha!

Other than Anya.... I think I'd be very happy to buy a Lanvin, Chanel or Chloe x

I've been faithful to Mulberry for a good few years now and never looked in the direction of another. I don't shop in places where I could be drawn to others so have not really had the temptation. However I saw CFs paraty on the Bicester meet and just couldn't get it out of my head, along with another lady's gorgeous Mulberry :confused1: Well, that's history now and although I haven't yet quenched my desire for the Paraty, I have been unfaithful with my recent Marcie purchase, dipping my toe into the water at HoF with 30% off. This was inspired and enabled by Rachies reveals and enthusiasm. I am very impressed with the quality, craftsmanship, leather, style, just about everything about the Marcie. The handles are unbelievable. I haven't had much chance to try her out yet but I'm looking forward to taking her out to dinner and the theatre at the weekend, weather permitting. I think I just may ask the good Santa for another Chloe. In the meantime I haven't forgotten that other gorgeous bag I saw on the arm of a certain lady at the Bicester meet;)

I've had a recent dalliance with Balenciaga...

5190428144_d8d2687efe_m.jpg

It's just that none of the newer Mulberries do it for me at all, so my eyes have strayed. I love my Bal. It's totally different to Mul in every respect, but I'm sure I'll always be true to good old Darwin.

I'm a slut, if I had the money I'd be having an affairs with them all, Balenciaga, Prada, Wang, Hermes, Chanel, Lanvin, Anya Hindmarch, Prionza Schouler, Chloe, Miu Miu, Alexander McQueen. So anyone really!

Now that the prices of Mulberry have gone up so much, the quality is less consistent and the new designs less appealing to me, I see no reason to stick with them. They used to be more affordable, and I didn't consider them "designer" nor did I consider myself a designer bag person.

The slippery slope has been embarked upon and I've recently bought Marc by Marc Jacobs, Abaco (nope I'd never heard of them either), Lanvin and there's something else on the way if it ever makes it through the snow.

I'm hoping my next serious purchase will be a Chloé: Paraty (oh charliefarlie, what have you done?) or Marcie crossbody. I'm saving up for that and will do my best to ignore the Mulberry sale.

If I won the Premium Bonds, I'd be after a PS1 (because then I wouldn't care when it looked beat up after a year) and a croc Hermes Lindy (in my dreams :nuts:).