If you wear tall boots and skinny jeans..

lama

Nov 2, 2010
What socks do you wear? Probably a silly question but I'm new to wearing skinny jeans and would probably only wear them out w/tall boots - not a huge fan of how they look *without* the boots over them. So if you go to someone's house and everyone is taking off their shoes, etc.. I'm just not looking forward to having just skinny jeans on. So I wonder what type of socks you wear, is there anything that might make the look a little cuter? Thanks..:biggrin:

seriously? any cute socks. kneehighs work best and they dont slip under your heel. You can tuck your skinnies into them when you have boots on and then when you remove your boots you can untuck them and ruffle them down on your ankles (kind of like legwarmers) over your skinnies if you want to look cute

If I need help getting the jeans to stay in the boots, I usually wear my socks on top, but lately I've just been putting my socks underneath the jeans... I just wear whatever socks I have on that day, I don't think there are special socks you need to wear skinny jeans. I wear my skinny jeans wtih flats and mocs all the time, so there's no need to worry.

I wear knee high, or any longer sock with them, I have to tuck my jeans in, they don't stay, lol. And then I just pull the sock down as I take off my boot. For knee high, Juicy Couture socks are really cute, I like pulling them up a little higher than the boot (I usually do that with dresses), along with Paul Frank for Target- cheap, thin, and cute!

Unless I know I'll be heading to the airport or a friend's house where I'll be taking off my shoes, the first pair of clean socks I could find. Otherwise, it's those cute socks you could find in three packs at Target (Merona).

I'll wear thick woolly ugly socks - practically football socks - because they're warm. They're the last thing I worry about. If I had to take my boots off in front of someone I want to impress I'd be more worried about how short and silly my legs look in my skintight stovepipes.