If you used your bag everyday...

It is a gradual thing so I didn't really notice it happening. You just notice more that everything is getting softer and not so stiff and before you know it, you have a beautiful honey patina (which I love). ;)

how many days on average would it take for the vachetta to turn honey color? I have only purchased preowned. Was just wondering how the new bags work.

I want to know too. I just bought my first mono. My SA said what she does is to put it by a window with sunlight and turn it periodically to get the patina even but it would still take a while.

It completely depends on how much time it spends in the sun, whether or not you alternate the sides you hold it on, whether you try to do it deliberately, etc. Many many factors will contribute to the aging process, but that's what makes each individual piece unique. I personally don't think a fully-even toned vachetta is very appealing, and really like it when people have a piece with a clear differentiation from one spot to another.

That's just my opinion and aesthetic desire, however.

It completely depends on how much time it spends in the sun, whether or not you alternate the sides you hold it on, whether you try to do it deliberately, etc. Many many factors will contribute to the aging process, but that's what makes each individual piece unique. I personally don't think a fully-even toned vachetta is very appealing, and really like it when people have a piece with a clear differentiation from one spot to another.

Well I've been using my Mono Keepall for over a year and a half, not daily, but quite regularly, and it's not got that great a patina yet. When I look at pictures of it when it was brand new, it definitely looks a lot different in colour, but it's in no way dark yet. I actually look forward to seeing what it's like in the years to come. I just hope that today's LV quality is good enough for it to withstand years of (careful!) use so that I am able to witness the beautiful natural patina of the leather!