If you sell handbags on ebay you MUST read this please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of good copies of receipts are. Don't they know THESE ARE FAKED TOO!?!?!?!?:yucky:

I guess they havent figured that out yet! ioffer.com sells copies of receipts, I found this out the hard way, when a previous buyer of mine saw one of them on there with MY name on it! it gets worse and worse!

Remember girls, they are choosing sellers at random, they may never choose you to audit, I just posted this thread so you can be ready for it just in case.

Thanks for the info, sounds like they are cracking down on dishonest sellers, which is great, however, sounds like it can randomly cause problems for honest sellers.

I actually applaud them that they are at least trying to keep the counterfeits out.
I know this may be a pain for legitimate Sellers, but hopefully it will help eradicate the thieves.

ITA. We all gripe all the time about fakes on E-Bay and this is one of the incoveniant solutions. It actually makes me feel a little better about buying from my favorite sellers (ie, authentic lv lady, let trade, etc.). We always say we want e-bay to do something about it and this is a step in the right direction.

ITA. We all gripe all the time about fakes on E-Bay and this is one of the incoveniant solutions. It actually makes me feel a little better about buying from my favorite sellers (ie, authentic lv lady, let trade, etc.). We always say we want e-bay to do something about it and this is a step in the right direction.

Yep. Completely agree. I think this a better solution than banning interaction with buyers/sellers in Asia. Now they just have to get around the fake receipt thing... Oh, the randomly pulling auctions and asking for proof without looking at feedback and powerseller status is also a good thing! There's quite a few sellers with 100% feedback or powerseller status selling fakes! :cursing:

I guess they havent figured that out yet! ioffer.com sells copies of receipts, I found this out the hard way, when a previous buyer of mine saw one of them on there with MY name on it!

This is why I think it's a bad idea to either post or send receipts. Especially since they can be faked as well. i think they give buyers a false sense of security.

I've not had any problems but my auctions wouldn't be as "targeted" due to me selling Koobas and A Hayden harnett. I still see scads of fake Koobas up everyday.
I did get a faux letter yesterday saying my auctions were suspicious and under review. Gave me a little scare but as soon as I saw the link to contact ebay in the letter I knew. And it wasn't in my Ebay mail either.

Are the people getting reviewed ones with large amounts of handbags up? Low feedback? Newer members?

I hate Ebay so much!

They kick off honest sellers like me for no real reason - they said my account was linked with another suspended account. I did NOT do this, but Ebay won't answer my many requests for reinstatement.

As for receipts, a person can buy an authentic bag and send a fake bag with a receipt.

But that is too logical for Ebay.

I hope they fall hard on their arrogant butts some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.