If you have ~USD$6k to spend on non-bag items, what would you buy?

blueluna

Sep 7, 2015
Hi All,

I recently bought a rose gold bracelet and have second thoughts as it will not be practical with my lifestyle despite I love it. I will be exchanging it with other items. As I only have shopped at my local store 4x so far since 2018 (majority of shopping done this year), I am hoping to obtain a b30/25 and build a purchase profile. I was told after to spread out my purchases so that I can see my SA more often. Now I am almost at the 1:1 ratio (through research my local store requires 1:1 purchase ratio in order to be offered a bag). Would you know if merchandise credit works the same way as buying something new for purchase history? Would it be bad if I am exchanging something of high value since it was my first time buying from this SA (I finally found a SA I like)?

Could you kindly provide your advice on the best strategy for future purchases going forward with CAD7,500 budget in place?
Currently I am thinking of using my merchandise credit to items I love and will use (I provided links for some items for ease of reference):

Option 1
- Bearn cardholder
- Oran sandals
- Pop H earrings
- Kelly belt /New Farandole bracelet, very small model | Hermès USA/Vertige Coeur bracelet, very small model | Hermès Canada
- H d'Ancre ring, small model | Hermès Canada

Option 2
- Finesse pendant | Hermès USA
- Bearn cardholder

Many thanks in advance!

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
I’m not sure about the policies in Canada but do be aware that some stores impose a restriction that limits credit usage towards same category items. In other words, they may require a credit from returned fine jewelry to be spent again only on fine jewelry.

blueluna

Sep 7, 2015
I’m not sure about the policies in Canada but do be aware that some stores impose a restriction that limits credit usage towards same category items. In other words, they may require a credit from returned fine jewelry to be spent again only on fine jewelry.
Thank you! I was not aware of that. Will be visiting my SA soon and will find out.

3degree

3degree
O.G.
May 15, 2007
Canada
i like your option one better, but do note that in Canada i was told by me sa small leather goods (that card holder does not count towards quota), and that your1:1 ratio is before tax not after tax price. hope that helps

A.Ali

Apr 2, 2018
I would go with an ostrich Oran or Bearn mini wallet or even a Jige touch wallet.