If you have a Signature Stripe bag....

ladybugz26

Jun 14, 2008
Have you noticed yours fraying where the straps attach to the bag? I have a few of these bags and have noticed fray in all of them. My newest one (the embellished flower one) is now starting to do this and I have only used it about ten times and not put anything heavy in it for this reason.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you complained to Coach about it? (I feel with my bags it is normal wear and tear and on my two large ones it is because I probably carried too much in them and stressed the bag out).

I did notice on the new signature stripes they have hardware holding the straps to the bag so my thought is this was a problem with others as well.

Thanks

That hasn't happened to mine but I have this small rip on the actual stripe (I have the older style that isn't patent but still has the stripe on the bottom).

I don't think Coach will do anything about them, considering they can't even repair the frayed Carlys. I wonder if they'll let people with older signature stripe styles swap them for the newer styles. Hmmm....

I have the khaki/grass heritage stripe with the larger thick cloth straps instead of the current thin leather straps. I just got mine over a month ago and so far so good...I don't see any kind of damage happening and I can say I carry a fair bit in it. I love this bag and I would be totally distraught if it started fraying.

Take care,

I have had mine for about a month I have the Mahogany Sig. Stripe and I love it and I also have a Chocolate/Bronze one and I have had no problems as of yet :shrugs:now I am worried I adore this style, please keep us posted.

i dont think they would do nothing, if it starts happening to enough people it wil probably be just like the carly, but if not to everyone most likely they will send it out tell you it cant be fixed and get store credit

My signature stripe denim tote isn't fraying, but I rotate my bags a lot. Maybe if you use it everyday then I can see that happening. Hope that it's not as problematic as those Carlys.

Have you noticed yours fraying where the straps attach to the bag? I have a few of these bags and have noticed fray in all of them. My newest one (the embellished flower one) is now starting to do this and I have only used it about ten times and not put anything heavy in it for this reason.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you complained to Coach about it? (I feel with my bags it is normal wear and tear and on my two large ones it is because I probably carried too much in them and stressed the bag out).

I did notice on the new signature stripes they have hardware holding the straps to the bag so my thought is this was a problem with others as well.

Thanks

WHA??? I just got the Sig. Stripe Floral Shoulder Bag about a month ago and I have only used twice :sad: I don't want her to fray :hrmm:

Oh goodness...I just purchased the satchel:wtf:. I will keep an eye out for potential fraying...but I haven't even taken it out of its dustbag yet! Keep us posted with any new info!!!