If you had a Prune Gaza Hobo & Satchel & Belen Echandia purple crash Hug Me...

pbert

O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
Would you sell one or keep all three? I'm thinking I should sell the Gaza hobo, but I'm having trouble letting go. But really, 3 purple bags, 2 of them being the same leather? I would think the hobo should be the one to go, bc while they are entirely different bags, the hobo and the Hug Me are more similar in function than the satchel and it would make more sense to keep different leathers.

Thanks for your help!

Patti

If you are having a hard time letting go then don't do anything yet. You will know which bag to get rid of when months go by and there is one (or more) that you just never use. It's easy enough to give them up, but difficult to get them back if you regret your decision.

I agree with the ladies above...don't do anything until you know what to do. You don't want to regret it later. When I'm trying to make a decision about getting rid of something I do this: I close my eyes and pretend the item is gone and that I'll never see it again....IF the feeling I get knowing that it's gone forever doesn't really bother me then I know it's ok to get rid of it...BUT if I start to panic and think "what if I can't find another?" "what if I made the wrong decision?", etc. then I know it's not time to get rid of it yet and I hang onto it for awhile.

Same here. Hang on to all of them. Believe me, I've let go of three different bags in the past and regretted it. However, I was able to find them again, but still, don't do it!

I would actually sell one if you think you can make decent money off of it, unless you don't need the money at all. Simplifying to pare down your wardrobe to the things you absolutely love can be liberating because your closet is so organized, and you have some extra $$ in your pocket. I have been doing the same thing, and I don't regret it.

I would carry each bag for a full day one after another and see how I felt after the last day. If you still feel torn don't do it... you'll regret getting rid of one and not the other or both.

Do you need to sell for money? Or just feel guilty for having somewhat multiples of same style/color?

If you really love the bags (like the girls said, they're pretty rare), I'd say keep them. Wow, this post is making me self-reflective, lol...

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the great advice! Mainly the reason I am having a hard time letting it go is bc of the reason some of you stated - it's a rare, hard to find bag and I'd have trouble getting it again if I wanted to. So, I think I'll wait. I don't want to regret it. I'm loving the purple crash Hug Me right now, but perhaps that's sort of trendy and I'll want to go back to the gaza hobo eventually. Lots of good suggestions you've all given in trying to decide whether to sell or not.

As for do I need to raise money, kind of. My job was eliminated last week, and I want a BE Cobalt WTM Midi in a bad way, so w/ no job, I feel I need to be prudent and raise $$ for it. Yes, I could afford to buy it w/ just DH's income, but I want to be practical about it. Selling something to buy something is a new thing for me. I've been blessed to not have to do that until now. I do have some other bags I can sell, though, so maybe should sell something else and keep all these purple lovlies.

Thanks again!

Patti

I agree Patti with what all the other gals are saying. Don't make any rush decisions.

Personally I have the gaza hobo and satchel in the same color (bittersweet) and wouldn't part with either one of them, granted it's not prune, but any of those bags don't come around very often.

As far as the BE purple crash Hug Me, you would have a better chance of finding that again on eBay down the road, than the Gaza'z.

While most any HH lover would be ecstatic to see you list a prune on Evilbay, I think you would probably regret it down the road...(I so wish I had your problem....LOL)