If you had a chance to wear a bikini in a movie...would you do it?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Lets say that its a Hollywood movie with a couple of famous actors/actresses. Would you do it?

I'm contemplating this, but I'm afraid that it will bite me in the butt in the future if I were to be a professional. I'm still young and I'm a college student at the moment. Its only a scene in the movie, but I'm not that comfortable with my body. My friends say that I look fine though. What do you all think?

2. I say if you are comfortable then go for it. If not, don't :smile:

3. Do you think that this move would make it bad for my professional future?

4. Not unless you will be naked... then I would say don't do it. What are you wanting to do in the future?

Would you look down on someone else for doing it?

5. I would do it. If I'm getting paid as an extra & I get to mingle with the stars, I'd totally do it.

But then, I live in Hawaii and I'm at the beach a lot during the summer. I hate one pieces & only wear bikinis. That means I occasionally run into people from my professional life who normally would see me fully clothed....

6. If it's only a scene I don't see why not. I don't think they would ask you to do it if your body wasn't up to par? I don't see why it would hurt you for future parts

7. I would do it!! :nuts:

8. Why not? It's a bikini, almost everyone wears or has worn one before. Sounds like it'd be a fun experience, too.

9. Hell yea! You only live once grab this chance and have a ball :woohoo:

10. would you have any lines? is the movie going to be tasteful?

It can't effect you that bad in the future, so go for it!

11. Is it a scene with George Clooney?! :nuts: Hell yes! :greengrin:

12. For the most part it sounds fine. I mean, if the movie is bound to be bad and you are going to be wearing a bikini and a bunny tail and all your lines are double entendres and you want to be a lawyer, then maybe no. But in general wearing a bikini doesn't really carry a stigma. I think the issue with bikinis in facebook pictures, for example, is really that those are the pictures you are choosing to represent yourself publicly. In a movie, there's more context, and there's not as much of a concern that everyone and their mother will be able to find it on google. I guess try not to be credited as "bikini girl."

13. Yes. Go for it!
    I agree with the others, It won't hurt you in the future, as long as a certain line isn't crossed.

14. why not? We wear bikini's in a movie.

is your name going to be in the credits?

15. It seems the majority vote is a yes. The girl in the bikini is definitely a viewed as a total "sex symbol", so I'm not sure if I should do it.

And... my who knows what could be in my professional future. I might be a teacher, professor, researcher, office professional, etc... I still haven't found out what I'll be doing once I graduate college. Do you ladies still think that its a good idea?