if you got your HG bag...

I would pay more for my HG. I did actually. I ordered the Camel Patent Audrey from the Jax. It was only available at the warehouse so I had to pay shipping, exchange rate, taxes... my $398 bag worked out to $470. It was worth it though!
I have the black peyton inlaid C tote and truly ADORE it. I find myself using it the most of all of my bags. The size is perfect, it's comfortable and it gets the most compliments of all of my purses. I lucked out and backordered it with PCE but I would have paid more for it in a heartbeat. So long story short I would pay more for my HG. HTH!

I wouldn't pay more than FP. I honestly think that so many bags come and go that if this one doesn't come your way, within a couple of months there will be something you like just as much without overpaying for it. Or maybe it's just me that has handbag ADD!! If you wait the ebay prices may come down to a more reasonable place also.
:goodpost:
ITA! No way I'd pay more than retail. Good luck!

I definitely wouldn't pay much more than FP for a bag, even if it is my HG. Same thing goes for fobs and other accessories.
I saw the pink inlaid Peyton in the FP store a couple weeks ago and honestly I wans't as impressed with it as I thought I would be. When I saw it online and when I saw all of the reveals I was sure that I HAD to have it, but holding it in my hands I didn't feel the love.

I would NEVER pay that much for a bag that if you just waited a few weeks or months you could get at a fraction of the price. Some Macy's have them!! Keep trying to find it on your own. It's out there!! Don't give up.

Being that it hurts me to pay boutique prices, I wouldn't pay more than that. I'm of the thought that if you wait a little while, you'll find it cheaper. Are there those few times when you won't? Yes. But, most often, I've found what I wanted at a much cheaper price when I've waited.
By the way, I ran your question past my fiance. He said you'll be even happier if you DON'T buy this one, and have the ability to buy, let's say, four Coach purses instead of being limited to buying this one, and then nothing until January. (Hmmm....I like his way of thinking...lol....)

Good luck finding your HG. If I really wanted a bag that was discontinued and found it for more than retail and I could afford it, I definitely would buy it. But I agree with others, if you wait a while and check the auction sites every day, you will probably find one for close to retail eventually. I have the bag and really love it. It used to be my favorite bag, but alas - my favorite bag changes every time I get a new one. It is a lovely bag, and I always get compliments when I use it. I think going on a ban after you find your HG is a very responsible plan. Good luck.

CHANGE OF PLANS ...now we're saving to go to chicago, cuba, disney world, AND the philippines all in 2010 so i'm limited to buying ONE coach bag this year :wtf: and although i know there's more to come, i have a feeling i'm gonna keep coming back to this one in the back of my mind :P

Being that it hurts me to pay boutique prices, I wouldn't pay more than that. I'm of the thought that if you wait a little while, you'll find it cheaper. Are there those few times when you won't? Yes. But, most often, I've found what I wanted at a much cheaper price when I've waited.
By the way, I ran your question past my fiance. He said you'll be even happier if you DON'T buy this one, and have the ability to buy, let's say, four Coach purses instead of being limited to buying this one, and then nothing until January. (Hmmm....I like his way of thinking...lol....)

...would you agree to a 2010 ban w/ the BF?

only fairly recently have i fallen hard for the Peyton Inlaid C Tote in black. eBay's my only option for it and some of the sellers have skyrocketed their pricing, one has marked it up to $600+. so...

1) if you got your HG bag, could you stay away from Coach 'til January 2011?
2) what's your take on the peyton inlaid c tote? (i don't know if i'm looking to be told to buy it or to be discouraged from doing it LOL so honesty is welcomed!)

TY in advance! :heart:

:sos:

I just got mine (I love you, GIGI!), and I am banned. But, that's partly due to $$$, and partly due to guilt and the fact that I don't need/want anything bad enough to unban myself.

As for the Peyton tote, I can't advise on the inlaid. However, I have the regular black leather Peyton tote for work, and I LOVE her to death. I can wear her in uniform, and she has the most gorgeous polka-dot lining. If you love the inlaid that much, snag her! :biggrin: