If You Could Would You Work From Home ?

Jan 23, 2006
I would hate to be working from home all the time, I love playing dress up.
I enjoy having a lunch hour with colleagues, window shopping, shopping, riding on the subway, taxies, just the plain hustle and bustle of my work day.

How about you ?
If you like working from home what are the Advantages and Disadvantages ?

I would love to work at home once or twice a week. I really hate my commute (1 1/2 hours in the morning, 1 hour at night). But I agree with you, I wouldn't want to work at home full time because I like talking with people and getting out of the house. I am not married, nor do I have children, I would be lonely if I stayed home everyday.

I am a freelance court reporter so I kind of do both. I get dressed up and go out on depositions, but I am my own boss and put the transcripts together in my home office. I feel I have the best of both worlds. Depositions usually start at 10:00 a.m., which is great for me because I hate to get up early. They usuall only last a couple of hours so most days I'm home by 2:00 p.m. I put my comfy clothes on and work on the transcripts in my home office on the computer for a couple of hours. I miss rush hour on both ends. I truly LOVE it!

Pradasmeadow said:
I would hate to be working from home all the time, I love playing dress up.
I enjoy having a lunch hour with colleagues, window shopping, shopping, riding on the subway, taxies, just the plain hustle and bustle of my work day.

How about you ?
If you like working from home what are the Advantages and Disadvantages ?[/quote

Also if you work from home..no one can see all your great bags! :smile:

Selena

'Home time' to me - 'lazy time'. You know, just time to chill and wind down. I don't think I'd get any work done if I worked at home cuz I'd perpetually be in chill mode. It just doesn't kick you into high gear the way scrambling for all your things in the morning does.

Yeah, I'm a freelance writer and I work from home.
I can't stand it - but I love the freedom! I can meet friends for lunch, go shopping when the mall isn't crowded.
But I don't like being in all the time.

I work from home and I love it! I only work part time anyway, but I its really a wonderful thing to me. I worked full time like crazy for long time and Im LOVING my life. I still run around like crazy. I go to the gym as soon as I wake up, then to my water aerobics class right after...then I run errands, and everyday I lay out for about 2 hours. Im reading like crazy, hanging out on this damn forum wayyy toooo much, and lunching with friends, go shopping a few day a week...just loving my freedom. We do not have kids yet so its really a pleasure being FREE!!!!