If you could only take 1 bag on vaca what would it be?

BeachBagGal

Apr 30, 2014
If you're going on vaca and can only take 1 bag what would it be and why? I'm going on a beach vaca and debating on which bag to choose. I'd like to take several, but I'm trying to be good.:graucho: What do you all think... Do you have a fav go to vaca bag?

I take a xbody bag & bring a larger beach bag as my carry on. If I have to put the purse under the seat, I put it inside the cheap beach bag. I've done that a couple of times & it works out nicely:smile:

I am on vacation (combined with a business trip) and the one bag I took was my vintage Coach musette messenger. It is large enough to carry my ipad mini and a kindle and it can be worn a bunch of lengths and looks great with everything I brought.

I take a xbody bag & bring a larger beach bag as my carry on. If I have to put the purse under the seat, I put it inside the cheap beach bag. I've done that a couple of times & it works out nicely:smile:
I agree! You should take two bags, a large lighter tote and a smaller crossbody. For crossbody, I would pick daily shoulder bag. I'm considering taking this on vacation too.

I take my saffiano because it can handle the bumps and bruises. It's perfect for flying or driving. I always throw in a clutch or a small crossbody bag if I'm going to dinner and it doesn't require a larger bag. Next week I'm going OOT and I'm taking my Saff tote, a black Madison swingpack and a basket clutch (only because it completes the look of one of my outfits). The week after I return, I'm headed to the Essence festival and I always carry a small wristlet or my Madison swingpack to events like that.

That's easy. My Baggallini Village tote. It's very well designed with compartments where you need them like a handy exterior one for my phone. It's the size of a large purse but easily holds my wallet, sunglasses, cosmetics plus my iPad, Kindle and all my traveling necessities. It's light weight, even when fully loaded, and stays on my shoulder.

I just got back from Hawaii and I took the small little floral cross body that was on FOS. I wanted something light and that I didn't have to worry too much if it got wet as we did a lot of water sports. It fit a lot for being so small. Took pictures but don't know how to post them. :shrugs:

If you're going on vaca and can only take 1 bag what would it be and why? I'm going on a beach vaca and debating on which bag to choose. I'd like to take several, but I'm trying to be good.:graucho: What do you all think... Do you have a fav go to vaca bag?

Daily bag plus a large canvas bag - For my beach vacation I am taking my St James tote as carry on, it's light and roomy, and fits in my bike basket for riding to town. I am packing (flat) my perf white daily bag for out to dinner, shopping, AC, boardwalk etc. Last year I brought my white woven carrie, but was unhappy with my choice, too formal for the beach :sunshine:

This pic is a little blurry, but I use a men's bag that I scored at the outlet. It has zip and magnetic pockets on the outside, and deep pockets on the inside. I then bring wristlets for going out. I have a cheap, waterproof beach bag that I use around water.

Last edited:
For trips I like to take a Legacy Duffle, Candace, or Rory and a Bleecker Daily bag or Mini Tanner.

I have sooooo many canvas/plastic/cotton beach bags, I just shove 'em in and don't worry about them too much.

This pic is a little blurry, but I use a men's bag that I scored at the outlet. It has zip and magnetic pockets on the outside, and deep pockets on the inside. I then bring wristlets for going out. I have a cheap, waterproof beach bag that I use around water.

I really like that bag. Is it canvas or leather or nylon?