If you could only take 1 bag on vaca what would it be?

BeachBagGal

Apr 30, 2014
Havana Daydreamin'
If you're going on vaca and can only take 1 bag what would it be and why? I'm going on a beach vaca and debating on which bag to choose. I'd like to take several, but I'm trying to be good.:graucho: What do you all think... Do you have a fav go to vaca bag?

suetheshopper

Jul 26, 2012
Live Free or Die NH
I take a xbody bag & bring a larger beach bag as my carry on. If I have to put the purse under the seat, I put it inside the cheap beach bag. I've done that a couple of times & it works out nicely:smile:

ltbag

Grateful for life's beauty. Taking a break
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
I am on vacation (combined with a business trip) and the one bag I took was my vintage Coach musette messenger. It is large enough to carry my ipad mini and a kindle and it can be worn a bunch of lengths and looks great with everything I brought.

MimiCat

Mar 9, 2014
I always take a duffle on my trips. it's very versatile as it can be worn crossbody or over the shoulder. Lots of room and comfy at the same time. :smile:

pbnjam

Feb 9, 2014
New York
I take a xbody bag & bring a larger beach bag as my carry on. If I have to put the purse under the seat, I put it inside the cheap beach bag. I've done that a couple of times & it works out nicely:smile:
I agree! You should take two bags, a large lighter tote and a smaller crossbody. For crossbody, I would pick daily shoulder bag. I'm considering taking this on vacation too.

sheisgi

Jan 22, 2013
Augusta, Ga
I take my saffiano because it can handle the bumps and bruises. It's perfect for flying or driving. I always throw in a clutch or a small crossbody bag if I'm going to dinner and it doesn't require a larger bag. Next week I'm going OOT and I'm taking my Saff tote, a black Madison swingpack and a basket clutch (only because it completes the look of one of my outfits). The week after I return, I'm headed to the Essence festival and I always carry a small wristlet or my Madison swingpack to events like that.

emptynester75

Mar 15, 2013
That's easy. My Baggallini Village tote. It's very well designed with compartments where you need them like a handy exterior one for my phone. It's the size of a large purse but easily holds my wallet, sunglasses, cosmetics plus my iPad, Kindle and all my traveling necessities. It's light weight, even when fully loaded, and stays on my shoulder.

zaara10

Dec 7, 2011
tpf
I like to take a big bag plus a smaller bag... a glam tote or saff tote & a swingpack, hippie or mini saff.

Oneforme

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
I just got back from Hawaii and I took the small little floral cross body that was on FOS. I wanted something light and that I didn't have to worry too much if it got wet as we did a lot of water sports. It fit a lot for being so small. Took pictures but don't know how to post them. :shrugs:

Coconut lover

May 3, 2013
Sonoma County, CA
If you're going on vaca and can only take 1 bag what would it be and why? I'm going on a beach vaca and debating on which bag to choose. I'd like to take several, but I'm trying to be good.:graucho: What do you all think... Do you have a fav go to vaca bag?
Daily bag plus a large canvas bag - For my beach vacation I am taking my St James tote as carry on, it's light and roomy, and fits in my bike basket for riding to town. I am packing (flat) my perf white daily bag for out to dinner, shopping, AC, boardwalk etc. Last year I brought my white woven carrie, but was unhappy with my choice, too formal for the beach :sunshine:

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
Love this thread! I was just thinking about what to bring on an upcoming trip to Mexico!

Jul 17, 2008
This pic is a little blurry, but I use a men's bag that I scored at the outlet. It has zip and magnetic pockets on the outside, and deep pockets on the inside. I then bring wristlets for going out. I have a cheap, waterproof beach bag that I use around water.

Last edited:

Jadis4742

May 24, 2013
Northern Virginia
For trips I like to take a Legacy Duffle, Candace, or Rory and a Bleecker Daily bag or Mini Tanner.

I have sooooo many canvas/plastic/cotton beach bags, I just shove 'em in and don't worry about them too much.

bigal

Jan 24, 2014
This pic is a little blurry, but I use a men's bag that I scored at the outlet. It has zip and magnetic pockets on the outside, and deep pockets on the inside. I then bring wristlets for going out. I have a cheap, waterproof beach bag that I use around water.

I really like that bag. Is it canvas or leather or nylon?