If you could only have 5 VCA items

For me, buying anything of substantial value, longevity comes to mind. I look at the piece and on myself and ask, "do I see myself wearing this in 10+ years on"? Of course, I need to love the piece now as well and there is no guarantee my thoughts couldn't change then.

I have a more casual lifestyle with some evening outings, most of my pieces are transitional from day to night.

I agree it's hard to have just 5, but here is my list:

1. A 20 motif va or 2 x 10 motif va in mop, gold, onyx or any colored stones that suits your wardrobe. This is the ultimate VCA classic and a must have for any VCA collector imo. I love the option of layering with different stones and lengths.

2. Frivole in yg or pave. The 3D petals on the ears are just so beautiful. The design is truly special and uniquely VCA.

3. For a casual btf ring, I adore the pink sapphire/yellow sapphire butterfly ring. It's so whimsical and romantic and easy to wear. For a evening btf ring, I love the frivole, it's super bling and I would pair it with the above frivole earring.

4. Perlee clover bracelet. This bracelet is gorg in all 3 gold colors and is substantial on its own or can be layered with other bracelets.

5. I dream of a va turquoise yg 10 or 20 motif. Turquoise of VCA quality is pretty depleted and until another source is found resellers might be the only option.

Bonus:
If money was no option I would love a timepiece from the poetic complications category. (The fairy and the couple meeting in the middle are my favorites)

jssl1688 I am so happy that I picked the frivole earrings. Lot of tpf members love and consider it very VCA. I am like you..before spending great deal of money, I always ask myself "would I wear it in next 10 years from now" It helps me stick with the classics. I have Perlée clover ring in wg and absolute love it and can't wait to add the bracelet. 10 and 20 motifs keep popping up on almost every list, I will revisit this idea in future. You have picked beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing.

That fairy watch is a dream. Maybe one day I''ll get my hands on it. A girl could dream..sigh!

Reactions: FairGrape
Would you stack the 3 Perlee Clover bracelets, the YG, WG and RG? I currently have a RG one. Been thinking fleetingly about buying one in WG too and stacking them together.
Yes I would stack them! I had all three on in the store and it was a bit much, so more likely stack 2 at once vs. 3 but I could see wearing all 3 between both wrists for a certain events.

Reactions: Phoenix123
For me, buying anything of substantial value, longevity comes to mind. I look at the piece and on myself and ask, "do I see myself wearing this in 10+ years on"? Of course, I need to love the piece now as well and there is no guarantee my thoughts couldn't change then.

I have a more casual lifestyle with some evening outings, most of my pieces are transitional from day to night.

I agree it's hard to have just 5, but here is my list:

1. A 20 motif va or 2 x 10 motif va in mop, gold, onyx or any colored stones that suits your wardrobe. This is the ultimate VCA classic and a must have for any VCA collector imo. I love the option of layering with different stones and lengths.

2. Frivole in yg or pave. The 3D petals on the ears are just so beautiful. The design is truly special and uniquely VCA.

3. For a casual btf ring, I adore the pink sapphire/yellow sapphire butterfly ring. It's so whimsical and romantic and easy to wear. For a evening btf ring, I love the frivole, it's super bling and I would pair it with the above frivole earring.

4. Perlee clover bracelet. This bracelet is gorg in all 3 gold colors and is substantial on its own or can be layered with other bracelets.

5. I dream of a va turquoise yg 10 or 20 motif. Turquoise of VCA quality is pretty depleted and until another source is found resellers might be the only option.

Bonus:
If money was no option I would love a timepiece from the poetic complications category. (The fairy and the couple meeting in the middle are my favorites)

These are my Holy Grails. I don't even DARE dream of having them!

Thank you @Phoenix123 I noticed that lot of tpf members love the Lotus ring, I definitely need to try it next time I am at the boutique. Any chance to see the lotus earrings on you, please?
I would love to see the contest between Alhambra WG pave bracelet and Perlée clover, I was super close to get the Perlée bracelet this time but went with earrings instead. it's just so pretty, real treat to the eyes. It's next on my wishlist.

I will start a new thread once I've collected the Lotus earrings:smile:.

This such a fun thread, I wish I had thought this through before starting my collection. @Rami00 congrats on your new WG paved frivole earrings! I also like @BBC 's theory to stick to one type of metal for the capsule collection.

I'm now kinda stuck, as I mostly wear WG, and almost wear my WG Perlee Clover Ring daily, my onyx vintage earrings and blue sevre necklace are sitting in my jewelry box collecting dust...

So here is what I dream for the remaining 2 spots, and maybe I will sell/upgrade my YG pieces one day my money tree grows bigger ha:

6 motifs Sweet Paved Bracelet
+ 16 motifs Sweet Paved Necklace

or

5 motifs Vintage Paved Bracelet
+ 10 motifs Vintage Paved Necklace

so I have the flexibility to make necklace a bit longer.. what do you all think?

@Phoenix123, think you already have 6 motifs paved, May I ask what you would suggest?

Definitely the Vintage pave, hands down!! The reason I didn't purchase the Vintage pave at the time was bc I'd already spent a bunch of money prior. I do love the 6-motif Sweet bracelet and wear it everyday, but the Vintage is so much more blingy!! Oh btw, my SA tells me that some customers report "flipping" of the 16 motif necklace and she advises against it.

@miss argile ~ Why don't you wear your Blue Sevre necklace? Is it the pendant or 20 motif? I love that piece!
The 10 motif vintage Paved necklace is on my list also!
I love my blue sevre pendant, it's actually my very first VCA piece, I rarely wear it as I prefer not to mix metals, and I wear my WG perlee ring daily to go with my Platinum e-ring + watch. So... maybe I should add YG perlee ring to the list?! :giggle:

Reactions: kimber418
Definitely the Vintage pave, hands down!! The reason I didn't purchase the Vintage pave at the time was bc I'd already spent a bunch of money prior. I do love the 6-motif Sweet bracelet and wear it everyday, but the Vintage is so much more blingy!! Oh btw, my SA tells me that some customers report "flipping" of the 16 motif necklace and she advises against it.
Thanks so much for replying! That's great intel, though I tend to opt for everyday wear, I don't think I can stand on necklace keeps on flipping! Good luck on getting your vintage pave soon :love:

jssl1688 I am so happy that I picked the frivole earrings. Lot of tpf members love and consider it very VCA. I am like you..before spending great deal of money, I always ask myself "would I wear it in next 10 years from now" It helps me stick with the classics. I have Perlée clover ring in wg and absolute love it and can't wait to add the bracelet. 10 and 20 motifs keep popping up on almost every list, I will revisit this idea in future. You have picked beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing.

That fairy watch is a dream. Maybe one day I''ll get my hands on it. A girl could dream..sigh!

Wow this thread moved fast!
You got Frivole?? Yay!! :drinks: So happy for you. Initial thoughts? Please post pics.

Regarding 10 motif.. Before I got it, I had always worn pendants and had worn necklaces only on special occasion. So working 10 motif regularly, was a learning curve for me. But once I started wearing it, I realized how it brightened up anything I wore and was so effortlessly beautiful. It goes with everything and I am so glad I got over my hesitation. Now I can't wait to buy another 10 to wear it long.

Last edited:

Rami, the frivole looks beautiful on you! I'm glad you got them, they really are super special, everytime I look at mine, it puts a smile on my face. I wish I could wear them more often, unfortunately, my ears are very sensitive and I can't take wearing any earrings for a long time. Perlee clover ring is so pretty and with the bracelet would look absolutely stunning. Please do try on the 10 and 20 motifs, it's really a great piece to have that is so wearable and looks great with everything, it's one of the pieces I get the most mileage from. The watches are just breathtaking and every time I look at one I'm speechless.....of course the price tag leaves me speechless too....lol

Dream NOT!! one thing great about having a dream is that we become more focused and determined to work towards that goal and in my experience it almost always comes TRUE!!!
Omg, I feel like you are my spirit animal!! :heart:
Thank you :flowers: I could see why you love frivole so much, I am still in early phase of admiration. I love how it looks more prettier on...you know how some jewelry pieces look so fabulous but once you wear them, instantly lose it's presence.
I am definitely going to play more with the 10 and 20 motifs....

Reactions: jssl1688
What would you pick and why? :idea:
Think realistic, everyday, day to night pieces. I wouldn't add any extravagant pieces like high jewelry. The goal of this thread is to generate ideas for people who want few but well curated collection.

I will start. For now, I have the following on my wishlist but seems like the priority keep changing.
-Perlée clover ring in white gold - check :heart:
-Perlée clover bracelet in white gold
-Virevolte ring
-White mop vintage earrings
-16 motif white/grey mop/chalcedony or 10 motif necklace
I tired to cover the classic Alhambra as well as Perlée collection, that I really love. I find VCA makes the most beautiful between the finger rings so I added one to my wishlist.

What is your thought process when you are buying jewelry? Thank you for letting me pick your intelligent brains.

Mods I tried to look for a similar thread but couldn't find one. Please feel free to move it or delete if it already exist.