If you could DYOB what would it look like?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm such a dreamer!! :cloud9::cloud9:

All this olive stuff on the website got me thinking.....If you could DYOB what would it look like? Then I thought what would other people's DYOBs look like.

DYOB= Design your own bag

Mine would be......

Shape/Style: newman hobo with luxe woven flap (like sep's luxe havana pictured)

Color/Leather: Rustic pebbled Cow leather in Olive

Hardware: Gunmetal or Brass

Interior: Paule Marrot Lining "the plums" as featured in PM Nomade Drawstring

Additional Features: The biblio Bag style Bag Charm (pictured on biblio bag) & Feet on the bottom

:nuts::nuts:

Attached Files:

2. I think a crossbody prune Gaza satchel would be my dream bag! Funky and functional for everyday use. I have a moleskin notebook full of design ideas. Some are fun going out bags, some mama bags, some kid free day bags.

Your bag would be TDF, Lulu!

3. Great idea Lu! I have to think about this one! It would definitely include: tassels, cool colorful lining, and glazed lambskin.

4. Mine would be a hybrid of the Biblio, the Trophy, and the Beatrice. In a thick but soft leather, with an adjustable shoulder strap so it could be made long enough to wear cross-body. There would be a keyfob/clip inside the bag so my keys wouldn't get lost. Color? Maybe a beautiful grey, like RM's Cloud Grey or Flatiron Grey. I'm actually not very picky about linings. Something sturdy and not black, but not necessarily a print, either.

5. Hmmm.... so hard. I've just bought a lovely cross-body slouchy hobo (LP) so what I really want is a bigger Conrad (slightly slouchy briefcase/book bag). Magnets on the two front pockets instead of turnlocks, a divider in the center compartment (to hold folders upright and separate from wallets and carryalls), a PEN pocket, and an open cinch pocket on the side for a water bottle. Soft, charcoal cow leather, with the yellow/purple geo print lining. Size would be bigger than the Conrad, bigger than the Pallenberg and Burke. Maybe 17" by 12" and about 5" deep.

6. ^^Oh, yeah, a pen pocket! I want one too. My pens get lost in the current slot pockets.

7. #7 Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    Emerald Green Goatskin Trophy with gunmetal hardware with a metalic closure instead of the turnlock. The interior would be Geo Print like the Kristy trench. Also add an additional crossbody strap to it.

8. I say a wyeth tote with a thicker crossbody strap in black zeus. :biggrin:

9. OMG, I just fell over and died with dreams of a BZ Wyeth Tote! :nuts::nuts::nuts:

10. EYB, I agree on this one. Only thing better would be British Racing Green.:yahoo: I like the Emerald Goat Corcovado, but would like that green even deeper by a few notches. But, your're right - would be stunning with gunmetal hardware.

11. Thanks RMC! I would take it in either shade!

12. YAY lots of dreamers like me. :cloud9:

So many cool ideas! I'm totally digging the pen pocket!! When you look at other brands it seems they don't like pockets. It's one thing to love about HH. Pockets! Everywhere!

A lot of crossbody action...seems to be the trend. & Green!

13. Hmmm. I think a crossbody strap for the Havanas woudl be cool though I don't think thats my favorite bag. Maybe a trophy tote?

Take the standard trophy make it more rectangular in shape - have divider and depth of Tharpe but taller? Have a long handle drop 10" for those two - but maybe add some detail to the handles (braided?, or like Missty's DYOB bag) and plus plain flat long strap.
    Feet on bottom and a nice geometric print lining. Biblio style charms. Leather - red, grey or metallics - like old HH ruby, grey leathers - with matching color stitching. Silver or gunmetal wardware - I actually dislike brass and gold a lot.

I'd love to see a nice red mixed with a gray

14. Maybe a cross between the Havana and the Tharpe. I love the flap on the tharpe the way it has a zippered pocket built in. also have the side pockets.

15. I wore my new moonbeam Havana this morning (thanks, fellow HHH). I love that leather. I was thinking about what would be my DYOB in that leather. Hate to sound like a broken record, but I would start with the Trophy bag silhouette. I would make it in moonbeam. I would give it a long double shoulder strap that could be converted to one extralong crossbody strap.

I would change the front pocket to give it more storage. As much as I like the front pocket on the Trophy group, it doesn't hold much. I would make the front pocket span the entire front like the back pocket does. However, because I know the leather on my Brandy trophy has softened into such a glorious puddle that the back pocket falls out from the magnetic pull of the side of the bag (pocket flaps open), I would put a fold-over clasp on the span of the front pocket to hold it secure. I would add a bit rouching to give it even more capacity for those days when a gal wants to carry everything and the kitchen sink.

I laid my rose gold bangle bracelet on top of my MB Havana to remind myself to put it on before running out of the house this morning. I was struck by how beautiful the rose gold goes with the moonbeam. So, I would make the hardware rose gold or do a combination of rose gold and silver. I think the gold hardware on the moonbeam is so Blah.

Something similar to this:

[​IMG]

Attached Files: