If you could choose one! Chanel vs Saint Laurent

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Everyone,

I'd like to purchase one of these bags as an everyday bag and I'm torn as to which and I can only get one:

A) sac de jour - grained leather ( medium size w/shoulder strap)

B) Chanel coco handle - medium size

I really like the coco handle, originally thought I wanted the large, but it was overwhelming on me and the SDJ is very clean and classic as well, both have the bonus strap.

For anyone who has both or one, which would you recommend or prefer :smile:

Thank you for any comments!

2. I'm not much of a top handle bag person, but my vote is for the Coco Handle. I feel the Chanel can be dressed up or down more easily than the Sac de Jour and my experience with YSL has not been very positive. I've ordered two YSL bags that had obvious quality issues and one that was very underwhelming IRL. All were returned.

celine666666 likes this.
  3. L.O.V.E the Coco

I couldn't justify another bag ATM, esp top-handle but if I did... :graucho:

4. Chanel...can't go wrong!

5. Chanel!

6. Chanel. And I'm note even a fan!
    Agree with the others the SdJ is very formal and almost stiff (IMO). While I like the SdJ in general, I think the Chanel is so beautiful and feminine and I agree it's more versatile. Also, I love a top handle bag; I find it very convenient to just grab and go, then put over my shoulder. Also for getting in and out of car, I like having a prominent top handle.

7. Thank you all so much! ;)

8. I've really been a fan of the SDJ for a while now. But even though I've tried it on 3 or 4 times and have bought over 10 bags during that time, I can't make myself pull the trigger. I think I was off put originally by the weight issues. Then as I waited I just have been happy admiring from afar. I could see owning it but I'm not passionate about it.

However, the Chanel Coco bag?! 😱😍😱 It's TDF and I don't even like top handle bags for the most part. Are you thinking of getting one with the shoulder strap? If so, it's perfection. If I hadn't been intent on trying to snatch up some Chanel single flaps,I would have bought this bag already. LOVE!!! So it gets my vote 10,000 plus!

9. Chanel! :biggrin:

10. Saint Laurent. Will never pay Chanel prices again.

11. I'm on the YSL side too. Just judging the look of the bag, personal preference...