If you could buy ONLY one bag this year...

Bal City and Chloe Paraty are both great, but both well over $1000.

Sorry about the double post, I was having major internet issues last night. Mods, can you merge the two threads?

Last edited:
prob a speedy, its classic and I don't own one because I always thought it was soo common, lately I've been thinking about it alot but so far this year I've gotten my Tiv GM and my Galliera PM and its only Feb so I might need to wait a while!

Great ideas here. I know it's hard to keep them under $1k, but humor me?

Bitten
, I love the Groovee! Great hybrid bag - a hand-carried satchel with a shoulder strap in case you need it, and the hardware gives it a bit of an edge. And, at just under $500, you could maybe get a fabulous wallet or amazing shoes too.

xIcyBluex, I have the Tivoli PM and she is a wonderful bag. But she's on the small side, so I'd only recommend it as the one-bag-a-year if you don't need to carry a lot of stuff.

talldrnkofwater, the Morning After is a really good option, a good-quality leather bag, and definitely in the right price range. They always seem kind of boxy to me, but maybe they slouch down a bit after you carry them for a while?

this is a tough question. Since I am hoping to save for a Chanel large shopper bag as my only big bag purchase this year, I guess the only bag I can think of that I will be purchasing that is under 1k is 2 Tokidoki bags - one to hopefully get signed and the other to use.

Only one? likely my reality: saving for an Ignes Cecelia in purple (as of yet an unidentified leather as the current Ignes purples are darker than I want for the bag.)

Take another look at Rebecca Minkoff - her bags have enough flair to make them fun to carry, but not too much to make them trendy.
The Morning After
The Morning After Mini
And the Matinee are all under 1K and they're all fabulous. Her new spring line is coming out soon and I'm very excited about it.

Hiya BagLuver! :flowers: That juicy rouge vif would make me smile every day - it's definitely my favorite Bal red.

I highly recommend the Bayswater. I have one in black and I always feel classy and chic when I carry it. I've used it for travel and it really stands up to wear well, and the Bays will never go out of style either.

Hiya BagLuver! :flowers: That juicy rouge vif would make me smile every day - it's definitely my favorite Bal red.

I highly recommend the Bayswater. I have one in black and I always feel classy and chic when I carry it. I've used it for travel and it really stands up to wear well, and the Bays will never go out of style either.

Thanks! :heart: It's my favorite red, too! That's why I made it my avatar - I smile whenever I see it. :girlsigh:

I have been thinking about the Bayswater forever. I think I'm finally going to go for it. I just can't decide on the color. Leaning toward Oak or Black, I think.

I put this in the other thread that was closed but Ill post again, I just bought the Chloe Paraty and if I had to choose one it would be that. I didnt pay retail though I got it for around USD$780 which is the cheapest Ive seen it. I only bought it because it was a bargain (I really shouldnt have been buying any more at the time but couldnt pass it up!)