If you can choose just one...

Manon07

O.G.
Feb 22, 2013
I need help in choosing a neutral Birkin 25.
I can only choose one that can be carried all four seasons. I live in NYC and wear mostly black. From my experience i had a black B30 and i rarely used in summer because it was too dark...now I have an etain B25 which is rarely used because I find it hard to match my dark shoes...and my dark clothes. I’m wondering since Hermes is the expert in making colors that are chameleon like and changes according to light etc... What is a good alternative to Black?
What do you think of Vert Cypress?? Any other colors???

Reactions: marzipanchen
I can only choose one that can be carried all four seasons. I live in NYC and wear mostly black. From my experience i had a black B30 and i rarely used in summer because it was too dark...now I have an etain B25 which is rarely used because I find it hard to match my dark shoes...and my dark clothes. I’m wondering since Hermes is the expert in making colors that are chameleon like and changes according to light etc... What is a good alternative to Black?
Rouge Casaque ?

gris t would be my choice or if a light coloured bag is too delicate for you, then a beautiful shade of blue that either stands out like bleu electric or a more muted but still classic, like cobolt. There are so many shades of H blues...Love smaller bags B25 being my favourite size and with this size a brighter bag is not too much in your face.

Have you any specific hardware preferances? Would be good imo to know since some colours look better with ghw and with phw you create a more modern look.

I fully understand the issue, I also have just one B (black, 30, ghw) and find that it is too dark during the warmer months. I would suggest Etoupe, as it looks good both with light colors but also very elegant and sophisticated with all the black I wear in the winter. If you are drawn to warmer neutrals, I think Gold would be a great alternative as well. Looks great both in Summer and winter, but more "casual" than Etoupe or black IMHO. Let us know what you decide!

Reactions: Ladybaga and lulilu
Mmmmm if you choose dark colors you would run into the same problem with your black in the summer. I personally love grey tone, so I would say Gris mouette, so you can wear in the summer as well in the winter against black clothes. Do you perhaps have a grey sweater? Maybe pair the grey sweater with your black pants and see if you like the combo. etoupe is always a crowd favorite but it depends if you like the brown undertone. I’m surprised you didn’t like etain though! To me it’s another very neutral color and can be worn all year round as well!

If you find etain difficult to pair, my guess is that you wear warmer tones in winter? Then in that case Vert Cypress with GHW should work well, but you may also have the problem of it being too dark in summer.

Maybe consider gold or even lighter like Toffee/Natural Sable which is true all year round in my opinion but like @marzipanchen suggested its more casual.

Planning the next purchase is always fun, good luck!

Reactions: bagidiotic